Chapter 22 - Unexpected Goodbye

"Woman, I'm leaving," Vegeta stated to Bulma's backside as she rocked back and forth with Trunks in her arms in her rocking chair. Her lips parted in shock as she whipped her head around to face the father of her child.

"What do you mean you're leaving?" Bulma asked as she got up and placed Trunks into his basinet.

"I can no longer train at Capsule Corp. There are too many distractions with you and the blasted baby. I need some clarity to improve on my skills. I will take the Gravity Room into outer space and continue to train there until those Androids arrive," Vegeta explained in a clipped tone.

"Don't you think leaving is kind of hasty? Who will take care of you if you get seriously injured?" Bulma asked with concern. Vegeta could be a pain in the butt but she would definitely miss him and worry about his well-being. She didn't know how or when it happened but she seriously thought that she may be in love with the moody warrior. Bulma couldn't put her finger on it exactly but even though he still had the same egotistical attitude, behaved like an entitled jerk around the manor and tried to look callous toward their child, there was something about Vegeta that caused her heart to go pitter-patter. When she looked at Vegeta, she could see her future.

The tone of voice that she had used caused something to flicker in Vegeta's eyes as he stared into her fretful blue eyes. He had never witnessed another person expressing concern over him like she did just now. Still, he knew that he couldn't stay as he was not lying about the distractions that surrounded him since the birth of their child.

In spite of himself, he felt very connected to his son when he had tried very hard to distance himself. Becoming stronger and attaining super saiyan status was supposed to be his main focus, but the more time he spent in Capsule Corp, the more the child's cries and laughter were becoming a priority. Whenever Vegeta had the opportunity to be alone with his son away from prying eyes, Vegeta tried to garner a smile from him. Most of Vegeta's attempts had resulted in tears much to Vegeta's dismay but he had to admit that he was falling for the child's charms as much as his grandparents and that irritating woman. Oh! And the irritating woman was entirely different distraction!

Aside from being loud and meddlesome, motherhood had added another level of aggravation for Vegeta. She began to neglect the gravity room once again, spoke to their child as if it were a small cuddly animal and interrupted Vegeta's training to praise the child for merely blinking. As well, Vegeta noted that after giving birth, particular endowments of the woman had become quite "generous" even when they had already been generously blessed before. He had found it slightly difficult to ignore her attractive presence before and it had now become even harder.

It was perfectly reasonable for him to come to the conclusion that training in space was the only reprieve he had available to him.

"There really isn't very many reasons for me to stay," Vegeta replied returning her dejected gaze with his own hard one. He didn't say it, but there were a lot of reasons for him to go.

"I thought since Trunks' birth things were getting better between us. And now that I've lost all the baby weight, it would be the perfect time for us to get married," Bulma coaxed in a soft pleading tone.

"Get married?" Vegeta questioned with a superfluous expression.

"Yes, Vegeta. Look at me, this body was made for Vera Wang!" Bulma declared.

"Vera who?" Vegeta asked looking absolutely dumbfounded.

"Oh kami! You would you think aliens lived under a rock or something," Bulma muttered under breath as she rolled her eyes. She picked up her mother's fashion mag from the night table that was situated next to her rocking chair.