Touring And Broken Hearts

*Devin's POV, 3 days later.*
"A lonely road, crossed another cold state line.
Miles away from those I love, purpose undefined while I recall all the words you spoke to me.
Can't help but wish that I was there and where I'd love to be, oh yeah.

Dear God the only thing I ask of you is to hold her when I'm not around, when I'm much too far away.
We all need that person who can be true to you but I left her when I found her and now I wish I'd stayed, 'cause I'm lonely and I'm tired. I'm missing you again oh no, once again.

There's nothing here for me on this barren road, there's no one here while the city sleeps and all the shops are closed. Can't help but think of the times I've had with you. Pictures and some memories will have to help me through, oh yeah.

Dear God the only thing I ask of you is to hold her when I'm not around, when I'm much too far away. We all need that person who can be true to you.
I left her when I found her and now I wish I'd stayed, 'cause I'm lonely and I'm tired. I'm missing you again oh no, once again.

Some search; never finding a way before long, they waste away. I found you; something told me to stay, I gave in to selfish ways. And how I miss someone to hold when hope begins to fade.

A lonely road; crossed another cold state line, miles away from those I love, purpose undefined.

Dear God the only thing I ask of you is to hold her when I'm not around, when I'm much too far away. We all need the person who can be true to you. I left her when I found her, and now I wish I'd stayed 'cause I'm lonely and I'm tired. I'm missing you again oh no, once again." The words rang out from Eve's phone, not knowing how true it would be in a few short weeks. I kept my arms around her, bringing her close to me and kissing her cheek gently. She turned over and curled into me, tilting her head up and kissing me. A small smile formed on my lips and I kissed her back, rubbing my hands over hips as I tried to get the courage to tell her. "Eve, baby... I have something to tell you..." I said quietly as she pulled away, looking into my eyes as if she could see what I was thinking. "What is it Dev?" I sighed, burying my head into her neck and wishing I could stay here in her arms forever. "I have to go on tour in a few weeks..." I said quietly, knowing she heard me. "Why'd you say 'I'?" She asked as I backed up a bit. "Your dad wants you to stay here and do schooling..." I said, my heart breaking as her eyes got a bit wide and she teared up. "I-I can do schooling on the bus, we've got portable internet and I've got my computer.. There's enough room on the bus for all of us plus all of our stuff, s-so there's no reason why I can't go with you.." She said, obviously trying to not cry. "I know baby.." I said, feeling tears prick at my eyes as I sat up and brought her onto my lap. She buried herself in my chest, small sniffles coming from her as I wrapped my arms around her again. "We can go talk to your dad about it if you'd like, but I don't think he'll change his mind." I said truthfully, feeling her nod her head slightly. I held her until she finally calmed down a little bit, getting up and walking down the hallway to the living room. "Chris.." "Dad, why would you do this?" She asked, the hurt seeping into her voice stabbed me like a knife and I sat down. "Eve, you've got to finish school." "I know dad, but please... I can do it on the bus, I've got portable internet so I won't be behind.. A-and there's more than enough room to have my school stuff with me..." She said, tearing up again. "Just let me go with you.." She said softly. Chris sighed and crossed his arms. "Chris, come on... If you don't let her come with us, I'll bring her with me as a guest." He looked at me, trying to see if I was lying and huffing quietly when he figured out that I wasn't. "Fine. But if you fall behind, you're coming back here where Jess and Kylie will look after you." "They can't. They're coming with us, remember?" "Damn... Fine... Just don't fall behind." "Thank you daddy!" She said, cheering up a big as she ran over and hugged him. He smiled and hugged her back, not being able to resist her. She let go and I stood up, spinning her when she jumped into my arms. "Thank you Dev.." She whispered as Chris laughed quietly. "No problem princess.." I said as I carried her back to our room, laying her back on our bed and kissing her. "You mean the world to me, and I'll do everything in my power to keep a frown off of your beautiful face." I said after we'd pulled apart again, she blushed and kissed me softly. "And I will do the same for you my prince."