Chapter 1 - Sunshine ✅

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

Chapter 1 - Sunshine

"Put her in here with that rich kid. Both are special brats. We're gonna make millions by blackmailing their parents!" spoke a guy to a woman holding a little five year old girl.

The little girl was sleeping peacefully in her arms.

"Ok, wait here."

The woman took the child to a dimly lit room where a little boy already kept there. He was playing with a small car.

"Hi there! Look I brought you a new friend to play with." the boy looked up at the woman as she slowly put the girl on the bed beside him.

"But why is she sleeping. And what's that in her hand!? Can I play with it? When will she wake up? Will she let me play with it?" the boy asked all the questions in one go. He was filled with curiosity and excitement.

The woman chuckles as she tried to answer all of his quarries. "She was tired of playing, so she fell asleep. And she is holding a musicbox."

"A munibwox?"

"No no... A musicbox."

"A Mu-zzi-ik bo-ox?" The child tried to spell out.

"Hahaha...yes, you almost got it. It plays music when it opens."

"I want to hear! Play it! Play it!"

'Stupid child. I don't have time for this. Boss is waiting.' the woman though I'm irritation.

"Um...It's...It's not mine. It's hers. Tell her to play it when she wakes okay? Bye bye!" saying so, she rushed out of there.

She went out and locked the door from the outside. "Ugh! Troublesome kids. I can do the kidnapping easily. But keeping them entertained is really hard."

"Hahaha... True that." her companion remarked. "Let's go. Boss doesn't like to wait."

#In the room#

"Hey! Hey you!" uttered the kid shaking the little girls shoulder, trying to wake her up.

Her eyes scrunched up from the disturbance. "Nghh.....huh?" she yawned and rubbed at her eyes. Seeing an unfamiliar face, she backed away from him immediately.

"Can I play with that mu-zi-ik box?"

The looked at him confusion. She then saw him eyeing her toy.

"I'll give you my car!" the boy brought his car from the floor and put it on the bed.

She looked at the toy car. Looking at the toy, she could not help but want to play with it.

However  it wasn't hers. Moreover, she was still suspicious of him.

"Look at how it goes! It glows too!" he tempted. The boy sure had some good customer luring skills.

She was fascinated by the car which was glowing, and moved forward to touch it, forgetting her fear of the stranger.

In a few minutes, both were playing with the car, as if they had been friends for long.