Epilogue

Thought I'd leave you hanging huh? Well, here's a little epilogue just to wrap things up and wreck your biases a bit more
😘😘

For once the streets were silent. The clubs were closed now and last call had passed long ago so the sidewalks were littered with empty beer cans but were free of any other souls.

They walked hand in hand. His turquoise jacket was wrapped safely around her shoulders. Her hand squeezed his gently, just to make sure he was really there beside her. His fingers wrapped a bit tighter around her hand in response.

The city was quiet at this time of morning. They never had gone to sleep. While the other boys had retired to their rooms for some much needed sleep, Izzy and Jimin had left the apartment, and now walked silently through the city. A familiar comfort settled over them as their intertwined hands swung lightly between them.

The sun was just beginning to rise over the South Side, casting the grimy streets and crumbling buildings in a warm yellow glow. Izzy's gaze rose slowly from the cracked sidewalk and caught the sight of a familiar railway station sign, covered in layers upon layers of old spray paint. The sight of it made her smile.

Jimin had led her to the place where they first met. The place where he had laid that turquoise jacket over her shoulders for the very first time.

They closed in on the withered entrance of the railway station. Jimin took the lead, tugging Izzy gently by the hand, maneuvering carefully around the littered trash and fallen beams. The station was cold but Jimin's jacket kept Izzy warm. The sounds of their footsteps echoed through the empty railway station as they ambled over to the dingy couch, which the boys had long ago dragged into their hideout, and sat down.

Jimin's pulled his hand from Izzy's and instead wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her tightly into his side. Izzy in turn leaned her head on Jimin's shoulder, taking comfort in his familiar, warm embrace. The morning felt so blissfully serene.

"Izzy?" Jimin's quiet voice floated through the concrete railway.
"Hm," she hummed in response but didn't move from their embrace.
"I—" his voice broke off, the thought going unfinished.

Izzy lifted her head from Jimin's shoulder when she heard his anxious sigh. "What's wrong," she asked.

His gaze turned to her, immediately softening, "Nothing. Nothing's wrong," he smiled. "There's just something I need to tell you," his voice drifted off again. Izzy noticed how the fingers of his left hand tapped rapidly on his thigh. Jimin was nervous.

"Izzy I—"
"Yeah?"
"I'm in love with you."

The words came in a breathless whisper, Jimin's cheeks were burning a bright pink and he couldn't bring himself to look into the eyes of the girl to whom he'd just confessed.

Izzy sat silently for a few seconds, not moving even a centimeter. Jimin's heart sank at her lack of response. It was the worst thing he had feared: Izzy didn't love him. Why did he have to be so stupid as to fall for a girl who he didn't deserve?

"Jimin?" Her whisper broke through his self deprecating thoughts. His watering eyes snapped over to her face, searching for any sign of love in her gaze. Her face was blank.

And then she smiled. A beautiful, wide grin that made her eyes crinkle and her cheeks scrunch happily. "It took you too damn long."

Her lips met his, startling Jimin for a moment before he snapped out of the shock and finally kissed Izzy back. One of his arms wrapped around her waist, pulling her into his chest, while his other hand gently held the back of head, not letting her pull away; not that she wanted to. She ran her fingers through his tangerine colored hair as their lips moved gently against one another's. Finally, when she feared that she might run out of air, Izzy pulled away from the kiss.

"I love you, Jimin," she smiled happily. "I'm in love with you."

His forehead leaned against hers in relief and he chuckled, "Oh thank god."

Jimin smiled down at the girl he held tightly in his arms. The girl he loved, who loved him. Their lips moved closer to each other, and as warm rays of light began to shine through that old railway station, they kissed.

The End
(for real this time)