Article One: Theory One. Deku Mask Theory

So, I want to start off with a theory. This particular theory I found to be the most interesting one, and it's pretty sad. The first theory is one from Majora's Mask.

Okay, let me begin by reminding those who played MM about how all the masks that causes Link to transform into something have been created from someone who's died. Such as the Goron mask. The Goron Mask was created when Link played the "Song of Healing" for Darmani's ghost and "heals his soul" (Darmani's). Once his soul was healed it was put into the mask. It was pretty much a gift to Link from Darmani to help the memory of Darmani live on. So, Link can wear the mask and turn into a Goron that resembles Darmani.

Also there is the Zora Mask. That mask was also created from a Zora who had died. Link played the "Song of Healing" for the Zora, Mikau, and embodied Mikau's soul in the mask.

But then there is the Deku mask. Who died to have that mask created?

The mask was made after Skull Kid had transformed Link into a Deku Scrub and Link then went on a quest for the Happy Mask Salesman to get his Ocarina back. Then once Link stole the Ocarina back from Skull Kid, he went back in time and the Happy Mask Salesman played the "Song of Healing", and then turned the Deku Scrub form into a mask, making Link turn back to his regular self again. Then after that, he could just use the mask and become a Deku Scrub whenever he needed to.

So lets think about this for a minute. All of the other masks that cause Link to transform into another form were created by playing the "Song of Healing" for the ghost of someone who had died and then creating a mask and embodying their soul in the mask. Then once again there is the question of who died to create the Deku Mask, if there was anyone who died at all? Most people think that because of Majora's Mask, Skull Kid just has amazing powers and can do whatever he wants, so he used those powers to just simply turn Link into a Deku Scrub. But is that all there is to it?

Well heres the answer to that question. First, I want you to imagine that you are playing the game again. You have just started the game, and you have just been cursed by Skull Kid. Now, imagine you are on the platform with the door into the Clocktower. The character, Link, himself must be so scared and confused. He has no idea what he's going to do, or how to fix what the Skull Kid has done to him. Now, on that platform, there is a small tree sort of thing, with a sad face. That little tree that resembles you, and as I recall Tatl even said that. What is up with that little tree with the sad face? Well, later on after your Deku form is tranformed into a mask, you save either Koume or Kotake (I can't remember who) and the monkeys that you found with one of the witch sisters, tell you that their other monkey friend was captured by the Deku King because the king is blaming that monkey for the disappearance of his daughter, the Deku Princess. Well while you are helping to free that monkey, you meet the Deku Butler, who mentions his son has disappeared. Now, there are two Deku's missing here, but you end up finding the Deku Princess. The Deku Butler's son, on the other hand, is never found. Or what if he is? What if that small little tree was the Deku Butler's son? But how did he get like that?

What if when you found Skull Kid, and when you were cursed and transformed into a Deku Scrub by Skull Kid, the Skull Kid killed the Deku Butler's son in the process. That's the theory. Now the question is did the Skull Kid know he was going to end up killing that deku when he cursed link? So you were right when you said Skull Kid was extremely powerful because of Majora's Mask, so he was able to curse Link, but there was more to it than the fact that he was powerful. He had to kill someone in the process.

So that is the theory of the Deku Mask. This is probably my favorite Zelda theory, even though it's sad, it's a very fascinating theory.

So, guys, comment your opinion on this theory and make sure to vote!

And if you have a theory of your own IM me and I might put it in the magazine!

If you have a theory that you want me to cover, comment it and I will try to cover it.

If you have any short stories, IM those to me too and I also might put those in the magazine.

See you guys next tuesday with a new article for you!