Chapter 13||Continuing with this ^-^

What Sly didn't know, is that Jess's situation was getting worse by the second. Her friends were in tears watching and waiting for her saviour to return. Time seemed to have slowed by for Jess's onlookers. After, what seemed to have been three hours, whereas, in reality, it was about twenty minutes, Sly arrived. Dropping the great hammer, he landed between Jin and Katz. "Who's going to have to do it...?" Sly asked with a shaky voice.

"I will," Jin spoke up, his voice was full of confidence, but his eyes said something different.

"You?" Steven turned around to look at Jin, letting out a short laughing. "Yeah right."

With an eye roll, Jin picked up Mjolnir, better than Sly did, but still with a mighty struggle. "Watch me." Determination was fueling his actions and he neared Jess with the hammer. He placed it on her chest with a small flinch and held it there. After a moment of waiting, Jess's wounds began to heal and her breathing returned to normal. Her eyes fluttered open as Loki said one more thing to her, "This won't be the end!"

Her eyes opened and pooled with tears. "I-I couldn't s-stop him..." Jin's arms held her in a tight hug. Her head nuzzled it's way into his shoulder, soaking his shirt. "I-I knew I shouldn't have come today... I just knew it..."

"Why...?" Max spoke up, softly, at that, and Jess lifted up her head and dried her eyes, sniffling once or twice.

"B-because I lost my friends that were there after you all left... I lost the friends I've known for such a long time... I lost my best friends..." Her eyes were splashing waterfalls of tears, she just couldn't stop. So much was happening for her in one day, on her birthday.

"Happy birthday to me..." She mumbled. The bags under her eyes suggest, no, show that she hasn't been getting much sleep recently {can relate}. Everyone's eyes, that were around her, lit up and opened wide.

'How could I have forgotten?!' They all snapped in their individual thoughts. Jin hugged her tightly and whispered into her ear, "Happy birthday." Her tears had stopped by then and she rested her head on his shoulder and smiled.

"Happy birthday!" Everyone cheered and she laughed a bit, smiling. This doesn't change the fact that she had lost her friends, no, it just changes the fact that she has her old one's back.

"I-I think I'm going to go back to the apartment tonight," She had found her voice once more. She knew they were all saying 'what, why?' even if they hadn't opened their mouths. "I need to get all of my stuff and apologise and explain what's happening to my other friends." Alesa and Shelby nodded.

"Um, Jess?" Kayla asked, looking down at the ground. "On behalf of the few, I'd like to say sorry for leaving you all those years back."

Jess smiled and nodded. "It's okay, I'm glad to have been able to see you again." She then stood up, with the help of Jin, and grabbed Mjolnir, shrinking it with a sprinkle of magic white dust, and attaching it to her necklace. Her necklace is one that she had never taken off since the day her parents, Thor and Irene, went missing. It's a simple silver chain joined together by a silver cloud. On the end of the chain hangs a simple lightning bolt. The bit that Mjolnir is now joined onto is another chain hanging through the cloud.

 The bit that Mjolnir is now joined onto is another chain hanging through the cloud

"You still have that?" Steven gawked at it.

"Never taken it off since that day." This necklace is what helps her control and balance her magic. Without it, she'd probably be dead. Steven's eyes widened slightly at what she had said and all she could do was smile. "Anyway, I'm gonna go." She grabbed her bag and phone.

"Want me to come with you?" Sly and Jin said at the same time. Jin gave off some sort of growl and a glare while Sly just stood there.

"No thanks, guys," She shrugged in reply. "I think it would be best if I went just on my own. I'll see you all tomorrow, though!" And with that, Jess set off, waving to the friends she was leaving, back to the apartment trying to prepare herself for what might happen next.