A Mother's Lesson

Chapter Two

Look, look at them.

Reminds me of what we used to be.

I envy them actually. They have nothing in life to worry about. Mind's all in play.

Wake up, look at us now, our world is horrible. We cannot be like them anymore, we're enemies, and we must destroy each other.

Promise me you'll have mercy, promise me please.

Forgive me.

---

"Your highness! There is something wrong with the princess! Hurry quick!" The servant shouted as she bursted in the room of the Queen, not seemingly concerned with her majesty's privacy.

"What happened?" The Queen speedily responded, raising herself from the bed, with her book still in her grasp.

"She's crying, and she keeps on calling for you. She seemed so scared of everyone attempting to approach her and only calls for you or her father." There were genuine worrying in the servant's eyes and Anastasia can see that. "Take me to her." She spoke, trying to stand up, which she finds difficult because of the child in her womb. "Careful, my lady." The servant cautiously helped the frail pregnant mother stand and walk, to her daughter's chambers.

---

"The dream was terrible!" Dominique cried, hugging her relieved mother, relieved that nothing was really wrong, but a nightmare that troubled her daughter. "Hush now, I'm here." Comforting her daughter while hugging her, brushing her hand across her brunette hair. "Can you tell me what happened in your dream?"

"I looked like you, Mother, I was big like you, so are all of my friends...it was a happy dream at first, but then-" She hesitated, about to tear up again.

"There was fighting everywhere and everyone was trying to kill me, even Raien, which he did. I'm so afraid mother, I'm afraid it will happen. Will it happen?"

"Look at me, Nique. Mother has to be true to you, so she will tell you the truth. Mother knows you musn't be naive, so she will tell you, even though it might be scary. Will you be alright?" Anastasia said, looking at her child, flashing her eyes and being immensly direct to the poor three year old.

"I want to know, Mother. Please tell me now,"

"It might, it might happen in the future, depending on how you'll treat them, on how they'll treat you, and how things will turn out to be. I would not know, but there is a possibility. That is why you musn't be careless on how you act or speak to everyone. Everything you do would either benefit you, or backfire against you. You must always do what will be the best fot you. Remember that always, my dear." She spoke and kissed her daughter's forehead, to keep her at ease. She will raise her smart and well, she will raise her to be everything she wanted to be, and she will be sure of it.

"Mother, why are you telling me such fearful events? Shouldn't you have told me to stop crying because it won't happen, and you'll protect me from them? Isn't that what mothers do?" Anastasia chuckled at her daugher's response. She really did raise her smart.

"Listen now, Dominique. Every parent is different, and in my case, I would not tell you what you have wanted to hear, but what you should hear. For if I told you that, you would continue on being dependant on me. What if I leave this world? What will happen to you?"

This leaves Dominique confused, and even more afraid. Such a heavy morning for her. A nightmare to wake her up, and thoughts of being left alone, seemingly to trouble her, she thought. She looked up in her mother, with eyes telling her, Are you going to leave? Are you going to die? Why?

Anastasia saw the look on Dominique and sighed. Maybe this was too much for her toddler, but this is how she was raised, and she is determined to raise her daughter the same way. "I'm not saying that I'll leave or anywhere near that, but I, as your mother must keep you aware of reality. I want you to be independent. Besides, I want to tell you every lesson I would want you to know while I am here, for God only knows our time in this world. Childbirth is also dangerous, Dominique, and I might die. If I die without teaching you the lessons you should know in life, I wouldn't die peacefully, and you wouldn't live peacefully too. No one cares about you more than I do, that's why I am teaching you this that no one would bother telling you. Do you underdstand Dominique?"

Hardly. She understands hardly. But she listened to every word and kept it in her mind. She heard it like food, a necessity to survive. Like vegetables, she might not like it, but she knows she needs it to live healthier, even though she doesn't understand how vegetables helps her body. But to avoid any other heavy sermons, she simply nodded. Anastasia hugged her and kissed her forehead again.

"You'll understand soon enough."

---

I miss being a child, playing with you althrough out the day.

Of course my love, I will forgive you.

After you die.