Bumping into it

"We are now finished with the lessons for today and I have two minutes before the bell, talk quietly amongst each other."

      As she finished her lecture I rolled my eyes back into my sockets. Not for long though, my friend Ichinose decided to talk to me for the last two minutes we had before lunch. Us being girls, we get along to some extent. She has a loud personality and I've never seen much of her other than that. She seems to like to talk to me though, I don't really know why.

      "Hey Sunahara"

      "Hey" I replied

      "What are you doing?"

       "Sitting"

       "You are so funny, how do you know what to say all the time?"

        Before I could say something sarcastic the bell rang and it was time for lunch.  The teacher always exit's first and the kids follow. We are class 25D and the farthest from the teachers room.  Before the teacher left she said "Sunahara, Ichinose, take these stacks of books to the teachers room."

       "Yes Sensei" we replied together.

       But after the teacher said that the Furukawa boy offered to to do it for Ichinose, so I have to walk with this ass, and he doesn't particularly like me.

       The books are so heavy my arms are trying to stay located on my shoulders. Just a little bit further, it'll be fine.  

       "Yo Furukawa" said someone down the hall

       I didn't bother looking up.

       "Catch"

       I look to see what they are throwing, and as I look up Furukawa is in front of me and I see him dodge to the side. I see a fist size gray thing coming my way and then, black.  I sit up and there are three girls a teacher and the Furukawa boy standing around me. The girls rapidly apologized to me and the teacher helped me up.

     "What happened?" I asked

     One girl excitedly and nervously said "you were out for a couple of minutes, after the door randomly opened onto you. We are really sorry about that."

     "What do you mean the door opened randomly?" I asked

     "I mean no one was by the door and it opened right onto you"

     The teacher started rushing me to the nurse's room.

      "Wait, wait what's that on the door?" Says one of the girls.

      Me and the teacher turned around simultaneously and stared at the girl. She pointed at the the door and we saw a large dent in the top part of it. Under it laying on the ground was a large gray stone.  

      "Hey!" I said "Furukawa's friend was throwing that to him and he dogged."  I paused for a moment. "He threw it at,"

      "Now now let's not make any hard judgment."  It seemed that the teacher had figured out the situation before me.  Furukawa is one of the rich boy students so he gets away with most things.

     I was then rushed into the nurse's room, with nothing to do. My mind couldn't stop thinking, thinking of that door.  What was it about that door? No guy would have ever jumped in front of me like that. And to save me from a giant bolder? No! No one would do that for me, except, except that door. What am I saying? It probably didn't even know what it was doing. I'm personifying the door now? No doors are just doors, I guess I just got caught up in the moment. I chuckled and the nurse look at me strangely.

       "Are you sure you're ok dear, you took a pretty hard hit to the head?"

       "yah I'm fine. Didn't you think It's weird that," I paused for a moment not knowing how to word my next sentence, "that the door saved me from the rock?"  

       "It didn't save you it was probably just the wind dear."

       That shut me up, I didn't want to sound weird, plus that was a stupid question anyways.  But, it did feel nice to be saved.

      "Your face is red dear you must have a fever."  She put her hand on the top of my head but I moved it away quickly.

      "I'm fine, really." I got my bag and left in a hurry. I'm not sick, so I must have been blushing. Me, blushing? I've never done that before. I've never liked anyone. Being in high school I should have a crush, but all of the candidates are rude and nasty like Furukawa. I was probably just embarrassed for my previous thoughts.

       My last two classes were quick, probably because I couldn't stop thinking about the door. I have to get that out of my mind.