7- Overview

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I apologize in advance of this chapter's shortness... I was having major writing block.

Asa's POV

It's ruined.

Thanks to those nosy photographers; the wankers couldn't keep themselves out of someone else's business for just a few hours?!

Those two follow around a bunch of lower-key celebrities like me, Hailee, and Aramis Knight every once I a while. I never found out what their names were, but frankly, I didn't want to.

Alice probably thinks I used the two camera men as an excuse to end our time together and abandon her on the curb of her aunt's house. I kept telling myself I was jumping to conclusions, but there was no denying the deep-seated melancholy in her eyes as I dropped her off.

Maybe I should've walked her to her door or maybe I should've confronted those photographers, but what's done is what's done and there was no changing the past. As much as I wanted to rewind the clock and pick myself up after some stumbles, I knew it could simply not be done. Even though it was pretty obvious today had been an utter disaster, I sincerely meant it when I told Alice I wanted to make it up to her. I mean, she was a fan of mine and her dream "date" had came to a screeching halt when the camera men popped up at the most inopportune time.

The only thing I dreaded about rescheduling with Alice was the fact that she had a pretty obvious crush on me. Every time I would turn away, I would look back to find Alice staring into my eyes. She would then break the gaze and look away, and I would pretend I hadn't noticed. I felt so awkward around her- it was as if I was permanently stuck between the begging of a friendship and another tricky fan relationship.

When I had first met Alice, I didn't think she would be the type of girl who would constantly ogle me, not able to look away for her life. At the convention she seemed so well-composed and unreserved, but today at JAVA I had seen a side of her I did not know existed.

From the moment she arrived at the coffee shop to the moment I dropped her off, Alice had been self-concious and wonderstruck at the mere fact that I was taking her out to coffee. Even during out conversations she acted distant and couldn't stop flattering me...

The only thing I could do before making a logical conclusion about whether to continue my relations with Alice was reschedule something. Hopefully then Alice would be that gregarious, congenial girl I had met at the convention last week.

That was the girl who had sparked my interest the minute I laid eyes on her.

That was the girl who had raced through my mind and consumed my thoughts the entire day of the convention.

That was the girl I wanted to build a friendship with, and I would make her feel at ease in my presence so that her true colors could finally shine through. I would make Alice see me as just a regular teenager instead of teen celebrity. Maybe then she'll open up and talk to me without giving a complement.