13- Bucket List

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I KNOW IT TOOK SO LONG FOR THIS AND IM SORRY, BUT I PROMISE NOW I'LL BE UPDATING REGULARLY!!

- DRAMA QUEEN

Asa's POV

Within minutes of ending the call, Alice came stumbling into my hotel room with a comically large roll of paper, a package of markers that were spilling onto the rug, disheveled sandy blonde hair and a wild look on her face. Even though it looked like a tornado had swept through LA and had taken Alice on a ride, she could not look more perfect.

For the first time in a long time, I began to feel different around her; and as much as I told myself I was not developing a crush, I knew deep inside that's what the feeling was. Some part of me didn't want to fall for her because the friendship we had now was golden and, in a way, quintessential. At the same time, however, another part of me was fluttering with excitement and contentment that I was staring to have feelings for Alice. All in all, it truly felt like my heart was miscommunicating with my brain, cause contrasting emotions that were battling with each other to determine which feeling was the strongest.

Before I began to take a plunge into the corners of my brain to reflect, the sound of the tub of markers crashing to the floor shook the thoughts from my mind.

I looked up to see Alice scrambling on the carpet, trying to snatch up runway markers that were fleeing to the corners of the room. I laughed out loud at the sight and ran over to her to help clean up the mess. Together, Alice and I began to pick up all the colors as we laughed at what had just went down.

"Stop laughing, I'm naturally clumsy you know," Alice scolded me, gently shoving my shoulder. I lost my balance and topped to the ground, the three markers in my hand flying into the air. Now we were laughing even harder, and as much as Alice tried to silence herself, the giggles became louder and louder.

Just then, the hotel room door swung open to reveal the not-so-pleasant face of the man in the room next to me. He scoffed at the scene before him and pursed his lips, clearly upset by what he saw. Alice and I got the memo and forced ourselves quiet.

"You two better keep it down in here or I'm going to notify the front desk about this disturbance."

With that, he slammed the door close, and as soon as we heard his hotel room door shut, both Alice and I began to laugh again, probably louder than the first time.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

Alice's POV

"Okay, so now that everything is cleaned up, can I tell you my plan?" I asked, rolling out the huge sheet of paper I had brought over.

"Go ahead," Asa replied, tossing me the bucket of markers as he made his way over to me. I caught them by the skin of my teeth and pulled out a blue one.

"96 Hour Plan," Asa read off the sheet of paper as I began to make a list 1-10. "So you're making a plan of 10 things to do before you leave?"

"You guessed it." I looked up from the list and locked eyes with Asa. I couldn't help but smile and he smiled back. My heart began to pump adrenaline throughout my body and I half-expected him to lean in to kiss me, but instead I felt his hand slip into mine. I let out a shaky breath and both of us stayed silent for what had to be the longest 60 seconds of my life. I didn't want it to end- never in my wildest dreams would I think that one day I would be able to share a moment like this with Asa Butterfield, even if it was only a small show of affection.

"Um, Alice, aren't you gonna fill out the list?" Asa's voices started me and shook me to my bones as he broke the blissful silence. I tried to wipe the stunned expression from my face and started at my right hand locked in his.

"Well I would but I'm a righty."

"Oh, whoops," Asa let go and chuckled, handing me a couple other markers. "So do you have 10 things planned for us for the next few days?"

"They're not just plain old 'things,' Ace." I shook my head playfully and wagged my finger. "They're crazy, improbable, absurd activities that I've never done and never would think of doing back home."

Asa just started at me as I proposed my idea. For a second, I thought he would roll the paper back up and tell me no, but I caught a glimpse of the sparkle in his eyes and I knew that he was right on board with me.

"Alice, you're a madcap, but that's what I love about you."

I turned away from him so I wouldn't blush and refocused my attention on the plan, but deep in my mind thoughts of Asa swarmed everywhere.

"So you're with me on this?" I asked, already knowing the answer. Asa laughed and I gave him a sideways grin as an indomitable spirit washed through me.

"I'm with you-"

"Yes!"

"As long as none of these things get us arrested,"

"They won't!" I assured him, giving Asa a little pat on the shoulder. "Probably."

Asa pulled up a chair next to the desk I had sprawled out the sheet on and sat down, eyeing my handiwork.

"So what's the first thing on this crazy list of yours?" He asked, genuinely intrigued. I plopped down on the bed next to the desk and crossed my arms, thinking about what even should be first on the list. Finally, when I came to a conclusion, I grabbed the blue marker and neatly printed it next to the decorative 1 on the sheet.

Asa stood up and peered over to me to see what I had written. He smiled at what he had seen.

"First up, parasailing."

----------------------------------

SORRY ITS SO SHORT. LONG CHAPTER NEXT, VOTE IF YOU LIKED IT!