Chapter 14

My eyes scanned the older man as he focused on his hands, his brows furrowed in concentration and teeth gnawing on his lip ring. When I felt the slight tight pressure on my neck he twisted his lips sadly and took a step back, eyeing me up and down. “Thanks” he nodded and lingered on my shoes, I glanced down and saw that my left shiny, black shoe was untied, before I could bend down and tie it Angel had already beat me to it. I let him, to tired to acknowledge it.

My eyes went to the bouquet on the bed, it would be hard carry it by myself but somehow I would do it, for Harry.

“Are you ready?” I closed my eyes for a second, hearing Angel getting up and hold my body in a deep hug, I rested my head on his shoulder, the soft material of his old button up shirt calming against my face.

Are you ready Louis

“Yes, no” I breathed, no tears came, I haven't cried since I woke up stiff on Angel's dirty sofa.

“It's okay” the suit felt uncomfortable over my skin, I haven't worn real clothes since, since I came home. “Do you want to come over to mine after and talk about it? Or maybe you want to be with your family, or the other boys”

I couldn't feel my fingers. “I don't know” I whispered in his shirt.

“You have my number so you can call me when it's over and tell me, I could even pick you up, or my car is a pice of crap but if you want to I-”

“I'll call you” I mumbled, letting all my weight onto the older, his grep tightened, fingers digging in my back.

“Yeah, good” he said. “Lou, where's Eleanor?” I shook my head, I had no idea where she was, I don't even know if she'll be there later.

“Okay” he lifted my head, making me look into his eyes, hands on either side of my face and thumbs padding over my temples, at least I couldn't feel the small scars from my scab anymore, but they were there, if you looked close enough.

My doorbell rang and we walked to the hall, not forgetting my flowers, opening the door to find Liam, Niall and Zayn there, eyeing me sadly. They all furrowed their eyebrows at Angel but didn't comment.

“Hi Lou” Liam said softly, taking my hand.

“Hi” I turned around, slipping out of Liam's grasp and hugging Angel. “Bye, I'll call you later okay?”

“Of course, please be okay” he worried his lip between his teeth and held onto my waist.

“Yeah” he nodded once before quickly walking away, glancing back at us twice. Zayn linked our arms together as we slowly made our way to the car waiting for us.

“So who was that?” Niall carefully asked when we were all seated.

“Angel”

“Yeah, you were with him yesterday, huh?” Liam smiled sadly at me and picking at his velvet black suit jacket. “In a store, I saw it in a magazine” he added.