Letter #1

Dear daddy,

I don't know how to start this letter so....here goes. I miss you and I'm angry that you're not here! Why did you have to leave me so soon? Why daddy? I love you so much and I still need you! I wish you were here right now but....unfortunately that's not going to happen again. Was it that day when I rushed to the hospital to see you that I broke your heart? Was it when I told you that you shouldn't have gone on tour while you were still sick and that you just made yourself look ridiculous on the news headlines? I wasn't you to know that I never meant any of that. I was just worried about you and reacted the wrong way. When you called me I should have just apologized to you but.....instead I gave you crap about making sure that you take care of yourself. I just wanted to make sure that you were alright while I'm away that's all. I loved you too much to lose you....and I did. I guess it was god's way of punishing me. He took you from me and now I have to face the music. Can I tell you something though? I really am sorry. I'm sorry for being so mean when we first met. I'm sorry for being so overbearing when I would worry about you. I know it was heard for you to hear because I know you liked doing things your own way but I knew that it was time for someone else to take the reigns for a while. Remember that time when I got the flu and you cancelled a 80 show tour just to make sure that I got better? I wanted you to go and you demanded that I stop worrying about that and focus on getting better. You never left me once that whole week and you made the best soups ever. You knew to put the right about of sugar in my tea never forgot the splash of lemon. I'll never forget how you always kept a smile on my face with your lame jokes. Like when I was mad at you in the hospital. Before I left you called me over to you and took my hand and told me the joke about the duck going to the hardware store asking if they sold duck food. It was so stupid but it was it did make me smile a little. In fact it made me smile a lot. I went to the hotel that night and then found out that you were being released and my worry was subsided. I had planned on coming home to see you that day and my flight was booked for that evening and I was going to surprise you. When I got that phone call I don't even think I cried right away. I think the first thing I did was blame god. I cursed him so badly that he took you from me! Daddy......I want you home again. I haven't been home since they had turned Paisley Park into a tourist attraction. I cant even call it home if a bunch of strangers are always roaming about now. That was supposed to me our little world. But since it was something that you wanted to do I guess I cant be too upset. I wish I could see you one more time. I wish I can hear your voice again. I miss your hugs and kisses. I miss when you would play me a song whenever I came in to the studio. It was always some goofy little number that you made up just to make me laugh. The one thing that I'll always remember was the day we met. I guess taking that sweet Telecaster was the best decision that I've ever made huh? Although its been a year it feels like an eternity without you. I hope you know how much I miss you. I love you more and more everyday and I wish that I can tell you that in the physical sense. I really wish I could turn back the hands of time and bring you back. I know you think that time doesn't exist but since you've been gone its been moving slower and slower. I hope that you get this letter. I know it may not be possible from earth but if heaven had a mailbox I definitely would send this to you with every tear that I've cried. I love you always.

Your beautiful one,

Carlyn Alexandra Nelson.

P.S. I found the photo album. I told you that you had a type ;)