Letter #5

Dear P,

One year ago on this day I found out that I lost you. When you came into my life the only person I had in my life was Derrin. I was far too familiar with loss because I lost my parents. Then after that I lost my grandmother. I got a nice little break from the loss when Derrin and I came all the way to Toronto for a business trip. I had no idea that a trip to Canada would give me the chance to run into you on the street. What a day that was. I remember it like it was yesterday. That baby blue suit you wore fit you like a glove. You smelled so damn good that I was falling in love with the scent of you alone. You had a pair of shades on so I didn't get the chance to look into your eyes until we sat down at the coffee shop together for tea. When I found ho that you were actually you I almost passed out! I had so many questions that day and I was so nervous and felt a little stupid for treating you like a creepy old stranger. I should have known my the NPG chain you had on. Let me just say thank you. Thank you for everything you have done for me since the day we've met. Thank you for opening your home to me when I lost Derrin two years prior to losing you. You were always like a father to me and there has never been a better feeling to know that you treated me like family. I think my greatest memories of us were in you music room. All the times we jammed out together. You would be working on songs and would ask me my opinion of them. You always said that you didn't mind if I said that I hated anything. Of course I knew better than to lie to you so I told you that everything you write is nothing short of pure gold. I believe that a few years later you told me that you had adopted! I was so excited for you because I knew how much you wanted kids of your own. I had no idea that it was going to be Carly. She was a wild one back then. But you were a wild one too in your time and you two became a perfect match. I think that you and her were meant to find each other just like how I was meant to find you. Because of you I found a part of myself that I never knew I had. You gave me inspiration to become a songwriter myself and I've been doing quite well. In fact I just wrote a song for a good friend of yours! You may know her actually. You guys performed together. Twice I think. Alicia says hey by the way. When I came to Paisley a few days after your passing the whole place looked as if it lost its sparkle. The doves were still and speechless and the air was cold. When I went into the music room it was too quiet for liking. I sat behind your drum set and just cried as I thought about how much time we spent there. I was missing you so bad after your going home service that I had a few break downs that sent me to the hospital. I couldn't eat or sleep for weeks. It took myself a long time to come to terms with you not being around anymore. I don't think I'm used to it still. However I know that you're with me in the spiritual aspect. I wish you could see how big Princess Regan is getting. You would be so proud to watch her grow up. She asks about you constantly. She wants to know when you'll be coming back and its so hard to tell her that you won't. I really miss you P. We all do. Nothing feels the same without you here. Can you do me one favor though? Tell mama and daddy I said hey. Until we meet again my friend.

Your Friend and Jam partner,

Erinalia G.