Letter #3

Dear Skip,

I'm not sure what to say right now. I'm trying my best not to think about you not being here to jam but since you've been gone that's all I can think about. They say that no matter what happens a friendship never dies. Our friendship has never died at all. In fact we were more than friends. We've been brothers for years. Ever since young I just knew that you were going to me something special. I remember when we started our first band together. Man we would jam in the basement for hours and my mama didn't even care. I'll never forget that time when me and you went to the candy store and bought eight huge bags of candy with fake money when we were in the third grade and tried to bury it in a shoe box. Your mama almost beat the black off of both of us for digging a hole a mile wide in the middel of the yard  We never ran so fast in all of our lives! We were inseperable even after you moved in with us. Even when we got in our little spats that would get to the point that we would be in a physical fist fight. Like that time I punched you so hard I though I broke your jaw. I felt so bad that I ket saying "hey man i'm sorry! Don't be mad at me no more! I'm sorry!". You just got up from the floor still holding your face and glared at me making me feel like total shit. But when you sat down in the chair you started smiling at me and said "You punch like a female. You might wanna work on your jabs like you do your bassline." We both had a good laugh that day. The last time I spoke to you was unfortunately the last time. I hit you up and we had made plans to meet up and jam once you were finished touring. I had told you that I was working on new music and you were so happy for me. You asked me how was married life and made a joke to me abou the song you wrote years ago called The Rules. You said "Man you know I wrote that song becuase I thought of you right?" I laughed as said "Yeah man I know! It sounds like you!" We talked on the phone for hours that night. I asked you "Are you sure you're good? You know if you need anything you're my brother I got you!" Your responce to me was "Don't you worry about me worry about how long we're gonna jam. I'll see you in LA." When I got word of your passing I cried like a baby and asked god why several times. What made me even more upset was that the news was trying to make you out to be a drug addict. I knew better than that. I knew that you always took care of yourself. I even started to follow you in the home remidies. You were the reason why I stopped taking over the counter medications because you told me how they effect the creative mind. I miss our phone calls and our inside jokes. I miss our jam sessions. I miss our friendship. I hope that you are smiling down on me and that i've made you proud with my new album that ive been working on. Watch over me my brother. One love always and forever.

Andre Cymone.

P.S. Tell James I said I want him to win in the splits contest. Ha Ha!