Love Doctor - 1

+

-Mia-

My Toms were getting harder and harder to get on. I really needed new ones, but was scared of the price. With one final yank at the heel, I finally got them on. I breathed a sigh of relief before getting up to stretch.

I closed and locked the door as quietly as possible before jumping out of the doorway. Papa had a phone conference with his old bosses today, and I couldn't afford to disturb him. Besides, I had a job to do.

It's a funny story really, what my duty for the next few months would be. It's one you'd expect to read about in measly teen fiction books you'd read when you think no ones watching, or played out in a teenage girl’s fantasy. But how would I know how it’s turn out? It only happened yesterday.

A lady called me. I didn’t know this lady. This lady knew all about me. She knew my daily schedule, she knew my and my father’s dilemma, and she apparently knew how to fix it. All I had to do was do exactly what she said, and I’d be good.

Simple enough right? But that’s the problem. That’s all I really knew. I had to call her back to get the details of what the heck I’d have to do. And even then, all I got was this.

         - Her name was Megan and she was a manager sorta thing at Modest! management

         - She was a stalker (okay she didn’t say that but come on she knew what my cat’s name was)

       - She had a client named Liam Payne, who I think is that guy from that band One Dimension or   something

         - He broke up with his girlfriend last month and is sad about it (from the magazines at Wal-Mart he looked fine to me but whatever)

          - She wanted me to be his rebound

Okay, hold up Mia, what you sayin'? Rebound? Because this little boybander can’t cope with some girl dumping his sorry little tushy, I have to go and pick up with all his pieces. The only reason I’m even doing it is because she offered £50 per day. Do you know how much I’d make if I was with him every day for a month? Like about £1500 or something. That was probably enough to fit at least a couple of our bills right?

Anyway, I said yes like any other sane person in the galaxy would have. I’d weighed the pros and cons, and it was almost obvious. I would do it. Megan laid down the plan to me - down to the last detail at my request- and right now, I was about to put it into action. With some of my spunk of course.

George” I whispered, pacing around the steps and snapping my fingers. George, my scrawny little black and white Burmese jumped out of the bushes I was speaking to. Nudging my leg softly, he went and sat himself next to the tattered brown leash on the step next to me. He pawed at it, as if telling me to hurry up and clip it on already. I scratched his chin, and put the hook through, then patted his head.

George was probably the most spoiled cat in the world. I found him in the trash about 2 months ago, and used to spoon feed him milk. I still do, in fact. He needs to be constantly petted or touched, otherwise he’d mew constantly for hours.

George also was a total dog. He followed me around everywhere, yelled at the mailman, and one of his favorite games was fetch. Or at least, he ran after the ball. He hadn’t quite got the concept of bringing it back yet.

He was very active, and since he easily fit into the leash for the toy dog I’d had when I was younger and used to torment my Barbies (I called it Dogzilla: Rampage of Pink), I hook it on to his collar and let him walk along with me. He loves it, and it’s extremely important because George probably has ADHD for cats.