✨Chapter 5✨

Later in the afternoon after Kendra and I arrived home, I got my phone back and scurried up to my room. I hopped onto my unmade bed and was then interrupted by a text. And let me tell you, hearing that sound is way better than waking up to a very loud Kendra. I checked my notifications and saw that Luke had texted me a few times. I read a few before replying;

Hey Kitten dream of me last night?

Why are you ignoring my texts?

Don't make me send nudes to Aunty J ;)

I rolled my eyes at his stupidness and replied. Hopefully, he didn't do anything serious while I was gone.

Yes, and lemme tell you- it was a horrifying nightmare :/ Also if you sent any photos to anyone you will feel my wrath.

I smirked and decided I needed a warm bath to ease off my problems. Slowly, I went into the bathroom and stripped out of my overused clothes. After turning on the water, I proceeded to enter it, and the lukewarm water instantly relaxed my tense muscles.

If you think about it, my life has been one crazy roller coaster... I mean how did I manage to lose almost everything, have Kendra leaving me tomorrow, and lose my phone to a weird, yet strangely interesting guy all in one summer? That doesn't happen every day to most ordinary people. I'm crossing my fingers whoever this Luke person is doesn't cause me any problems during my last year of high school.

It's hard meeting decent people nowadays, or anyone in general who indeed accepts you for who you are. I've had so many people push me away or come up with nasty rumors that spread like wildfire that I eventually just learned not to allow anyone in..although sometimes it can be lonely.

After washing my body and hair, I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a small towel around myself. I stood in front of my bathroom mirror and blow dried my curly hair. It took a while because having long curly hair is pretty tedious to straighten.

As I walked back to my bed I saw my phone -well mine for now- and saw a text from Luke.

Very funny kitten. Why have you been so dry with my texts? Am I not enough for you ;)

I rolled my eyes. Why does he always make things about his annoying self?

Actually, I was in the shower... Before that, I was being dragged around town with my sister

I said standing up to change.

Oh

Yeah oh

I mimicked him in a deep voice making a face.

Wait are you in a towel?

I narrowed my eyes at the screen and groaned

Yes...

Ok, do me a favor and drop that towel of yours. Take a photo and send it to me ;)

Ugh, Luke, you're such a perv..we are not having this discussion. Anyways how are we going to get our phones switched back?

I tried changing the subject. Getting my phone back was my number one priority, and I was going to make sure I got it back as soon as I could.

Um well, I can't give it back to you until Friday...

My heart began to pound like crazy. There was no way I was going to have to wait until after my first day of school to get this phone back.

BUT I NEED IT I typed in sonic speed I can't wait until Friday...I have school then!

Same here, but that's your problem baby girl..not mine

I groaned and threw my phone across the room. He's so petty by making me wait five days to get it back. I might as well get used to not having a phone then. I finished changing when a knock came from behind the walls I locked myself in.

"Do you wanna build a snowmannn?" The chirpy voice sang.

"It's not even winter you idiot" I responded, chuckling.

"Aw, you're no fun. Can I come in?" Kendra said as she proceeded to walk in.

"Well, I don't think I have to answer that question seeing as you already welcomed yourself in my room." I said and sighed. Kendra noticed I was upset and grabbed my phone from the floor and handed it back.

"Hey...you look sad. What happened? Did you see a ghost or something?" Kendra asked innocently.

With tears forming in my eyes, I looked at her and tried to explain. "Well, you see um...I might have sorta swapped phones with a total stranger at Starbucks yesterday."

Kendra's eyes widened. "How do you might of sorta swap phones?" She looked at me like I just said that cats are the same creatures as dogs.

I then continued to explain, as Kendra kept quiet and nodded her head in consideration until the very end.

"Well on the bright side, if he's hot you can date him." Kendra added giggling.

"Ew, what? I don't need a man in my life right now...or woman. Besides, he's a perv." I replied chucking a pillow.

Kendra gave me this confused look as she stood up to leave but before she reached the door she mentioned, "You need some sugar in your life..besides, when's the last time you dated someone...or kissed someone." She made some fish lips and cackled.

I kept quiet because, in a way that I didn't want to admit, she was right. I was what Kendra calls "Virgin Mary" I have never dated anyone..nor have I had sex unlike 90% of my old classmates. It's so rare to meet someone who hasn't gotten into anyone's pants that being a virgin is like a prize possession.

I slowly rolled myself off the bed and followed her downstairs. I was so out of it that I didn't even notice my aunt and uncle arrive from their trip to London.

"Well, it's nice to meet you too." Aunt Jamie said to me giving me a nasty look.

I looked up and realized it was her, so I quickly apologized. She ignored me and strutted off mumbling "ungrateful brat."

"I'm going for a walk I'll be back in an hour" I said rushing outside.