Chapter 8-years from now-

-Mitch pov(age 16)-

"Mitch! Wake up, we have training this morning just like dad said last night!" I heard Jason say as I stirred in bed before getting up and lazily dragging myself downstairs. Jason and Seto were downstairs doing what they needed to do.

I got an apple from the fridge taking a bite out of it. I passed by Seto who had... luckily grown to accept me as a brother over the years. He even started trusting me his forbidden book of spells, and he doesn't trust Jason with it!

I guess this makes mission easier for me. Lately, dad has been... getting impatient. He's been calling me recently asking how much longer or if I've killed anybody, and the answer is gonna stay the same until I do. I headed outside to the backyard, it was a wide open space surrounded by trees but it was a perfect place to train with powers. Jason, Seto, and I have all learned about our powers over the years we've been with the great Melvin. He used to work for dad and the rest of fathers family before the war.

Since nobody was here yet so I decided to start with a simple trick I had learned when I started trained. I made fire light up in my left hand right before getting a transmission from dad. I waited a few seconds before answering, "have you killed anybody yet?" He instantly asked.

"No... no I haven't." I said before hearing a sigh come from the other end of the call. "I'm gonna do something really quick don't freak out well I do it" I heard him say. I waited for a few minutes before I noticed a moving figure in the woods. "Is that wither?" I asked dad as I watched the forest around the house burst into flames. "Yes" I heard him say before ending the call.

I made the dog tag turn into a sword before walking inside the house. It looked empty, Jason and Seto must have noticed the fire outside. I went up stairs and into seto's room. Upon ransacking his room for that book of spells he trusts me with, I heard Somebody down stairs.

I gripped the handle of the sword, this will be my chance to kill somebody... possibly one of the members of team crafted. I snuck down stairs carefully looking around, nobody...

I looked around wondering if that was my imagination or not. "Mitchell." Was all I heard before quickly turning around and slicing the person across the chest. I watched Melvin fall to the floor as I seem to realize who I had just hurt. "Oh god... I'm so sorry Melvin!" I said crouching down to face him as he looked at me. "It... it's ok Mitchell you don't have to be sorry." He said as I was getting ready to do a healing spell.

"I'm gonna heal you! Im not letting someone who used to work for my father die!" I said in panic. "No... Mitchell. This is it, this is my fate... but it's not yours..." he said more blood dripping out of the wound. "I want you to make your own decisions... don't be like him." I heard him say. I stopped with trying to do he healing spell and stood up looking down at him.

"You... you want me to make my own decision?" I said to him as I picked up my sword. I felt myself loose control as somebody took over my body. "Then so be it..." I heard myself say as I watched myself kill Melvin. "That fool was useless to me anyway..." I heard dads voice say in my head as I gained control. "What did you do?!" I yelled as I bent down looking at Melvin's lifeless corpse. "I gave you that small push... congrats you finally killed somebody... son." I heard him say before silence.

He called me his son? I got up and stopped looking at the body as I walked outside of the house turning my sword back to a dog tag as I wiped the blood off. Maybe I did need that push...

I decided to call dad by pressing the button on

-Seto's pov(age: 18)-

I watched as the forest and the house burn to the ground as tears rolled down my face. Jason sat down next to me on the grass... I could tell he was crying as he was looking down at the ground. "D-do you think... Mitchell made it out?" I soon asked looking at Jason.

"I-I'm not sure... I didn't see him leave- there! There he is!" Jason's sad tone turning to a bit of a happy one as he got up from the grass running over and hugging Mitch. Something... something was off, "where's dad?" I asked and he looked down. "I-it was to late... that monster got to him before I did... I tried to heal him but be wouldn't let me..." Mitch said and I went over hugging him as Jason hugged him tighter.

"I-its gonna be ok... we're g-gonna get through this t-together... I-i promise to keep you safe... I won't let this happen to either of you... I-I don't want to loose anyone else..." he said the tears dripping down the glass on his helmet as he was in a bit of panic. Yeah... we got each other.