Chapter 10

"Taehyung. There are metal detectors at the doors. Unfortunately the man that was assigned to bring you weapons that could go undetected was compromised. You will have to rely on your pure skill if anything goes south." Gru said.

Tae nodded, "You should stay close by Jennie at all times. Don't get distracted. If you need the bathroom, you tell the Kensington bodyguard. He is a trusted ally, the Kensington kids will be sitting at the same table as Jennie so it's alright."

"Listen carefully! When you arrive; there will be men stationed at the different entrance doors. You are going under the Kensington-Matthews Corporation name. You are now Park Matthews and Jennie is obviously Jennie Matthews." Gru stated. "They will be looking at photos under these names to match it to your faces. Do not be scared we have sorted that part out for you."

Tae nodded. He wondered why he could not just say his name was Taehyung but he decided not to question it. "Alright go put on a better suit and take this phone. It only has my emergency contact incase you need to be picked up."

Tae took the phone and made his way to his small room. He put on the suit laid out on the bed and put on his tie. He sprayed himself with cologne and ran his hands through his hair. He carefully placed the phone in his pocket and exited his room.

Jennie came bundling out of her room and almost tripped over her own two feet. Taehyung frowned, "Someone is really excited." He noted. "I like the Kensington kids." She said as she kind of skipped passed him.

"Do you have that button?" He called out after her. She nodded and she lifted up the button that was actually incorporated into her necklace. It appeared to be a heart locket but inside was a small button.

He nodded surprised at the sheer genius of it. "Alright then, lets go." He said as he rubbed his hands together. "Gru we are off!" Tae said, Gru popped his head out of his own room's door. "Stay safe." He replied.

They got into the car. Tae keyed in the address that Gru had given him and pressed start. He followed the directions and after a while he noticed Jennie leaning on the door. Her previous excitement slowly dying down.

"What's wrong?" He asked. She continued to stare out the window, "I really miss appa, I really wish those greedy people would just leave him alone." She answered. "One day, one day they will." He tried to reassure her.

They arrived at the venue a few moments later and the valet took the keys and drove the car to the nearby parking arrived. Tae took Jennie's hand as they walked up the stairs.

"Sir which company do you represent?" The man in a suit asked. Tae frowned slightly as he analyzed the man. Tae breathed out and pushed away his concerns. "Kensington-Matthews Corporation." He said.

"Names?" The man asked as he scrolled through the iPad. "Park Matthews and Jennie Matthews." Tae said confidently. The man looked from Tae to the iPad then from Jennie to the iPad. The man then nodded and moved out of the way so they could walk in.

Tae turned around and looked at the man once again. The man shook his head at the other man at the door and he then spoke into a com. Tae ensured that tonight- regardless of what Gru said- he would stay on his toes.