Chapter 17

JK got into his car and typed the last known address in his gps. He made sure his men were following behind him. Namjoon had been one of his best men. The one he had learnt to trust.

JK hit his hands against the steering wheel. It was because I shot him, JK thought. It was to much, he shouldn't have shot at his torso. JK took a few breaths as he took a sharp left turn.

He was about an hour away from the last known location but he did not have that kind of time to waste. He sped through yellow lights and took unnaturally sharp turns. He maneuvered his way through strings of cars. He hooted in frustration when someone in front of him went slowly.

He looked back to make sure his men were still in his sight. JK felt a tear slide down his cheek. This was too much sometimes. The anger and hatred slowly destroyed him from the inside.

But he refused to let them go because at the end of the day it was all he had. If he were to strip it away there would be nothing left of him. Over the 6 years he had defined himself by his anger and need for revenge.

He had opened the firm because of his anger. He had grown physically stronger because of his anger. He had created the syndicate because of his anger. He had lived in seclusion and solitude because of his anger.

He could not face his parents and show them the person he had become despite the lessons of forgiveness and love they had taught him. Taehyung deserved someone better as well. Someone who was not governed by hatred, anger and a desperate need for revenge.

JK wiped his tears and took a deep breath. He had chosen this path, this road of ultimately: destruction. After about 45 minutes JK reached the last known address. He got out of the car and saw one parked outside of the garage. He slammed his door and waited for his men to exit their cars.

He made sure he had his gun and that he locked his car. "Someone give me a knife." He commanded quietly. One of them handed him a knife and he proceeded to slash the tires of the vehicle outside the garage.

"Make sure your cars are locked. I need two men by the entrance, one to come in with me and two by the back. Make sure your com lines are always open. If anything moves, well do what you must." JK directed. "Spread out."

The men nodded and went to the different areas JK had mentioned. JK took out his gun and held it up in front of him. He slowly entered the house and did a quick sweep of the first floor. There were papers on the table and JK noticed that it was mathematical problems.

"Clear." The man that had come with JK whispered as he walked out of one of the rooms. JK nodded and indicated that they were going to proceed downstairs. He stopped as he heard a gunshot over the coms.

"Everyone check in." He said quietly. "Entrance clear." Two men answered back. "Back?" He asked. He held his breath for a few moments, he did not want any of his men dying. There was rustling on the other side of the com.

"Back clear. Seems as though these are professionals that are here. I managed to knock one of the men that tried to attack me out. Back clear." JK let out a sigh of relief and continued downstairs with his guard up.

There was a door that was slightly opened and JK saw Namjoon lying on the floor. His top was missing and it looked as if he was patched up a few moments before. JK ran into the room and leaned over Namjoon.

His eyes were closed but his chest rose up and down slowly. "BOGSU." The man that had entered with JK shouted and then a gunshot was heard. JK turned around quickly and watched as Miss Lu slumped to the floor.

JK's eyes widened in surprise as the gun slipped from her finger tips. He watched as she put her hand to her stomach. Her silky white shirt was doused in blood. "Jungkook." She said quietly. He moved over to her and held her as she slipped to the floor.

"Park Yongmun. Look for Park Yongmun." she murmured.