Chapter 12

Tae washed his hands and opened the bathroom door. He heard screams and multiple gunshots. He quickly ran to the kids area to find Jennie. The Kensington bodyguard was escorting the kids out with no Jennie in tow. "Where's Jennie?" He asked. The bodyguard shrugged his shoulders, "As soon as she heard gunshots she ran out."

He couldn't find her outside of the kids area and Tae felt bile rise in his throat. He was frightened for Jennie's safety but this time he refused to make the same mistake as he did when it came to Jungkook. He started to move through the crowds.

He pushed through people, "JENNIE?!" He shouted. "JENNIE?!" He kept calling her name as he moved through the crowd who was moving in the opposite direction.

"JENNIE?!" He shouted as he collided with someone. He looked at the woman he accidentally crashed into. A lady with an astonishing red dress. A man stepped in front of her and frowned.

"I'm really sorry I-" Tae eyes widened as he looked at the man in front of him. No this couldn't be him. "That's fine." The man said with a frown as he took the lady's hand and kept walking.

Tae stood frozen as people bumped into him. That couldn't be him. The Jungkook he knew had dark hair and kind eyes. That man; he looked eerily like Jungkook but he had light brown hair, almost caramel and hard eyes.

Tae shook off the feeling because maybe his eyes were deceiving him. Maybe he was projecting because he was in one of the most stressful situations he had ever been in since the kidnapping.

Tae started making his way further into the building once again. "JENNIE!" He continued shouting. He arrived at the grand staircase and heard shuffling. That was odd because everyone was leaving in the opposite direction.

"Jennie?" Tae asked quietly. "I'm here." She muttered, Tae could here the fear in her voice. He immediately took out the phone Gru had given him and called the number. He put the phone back in his pocket as he moved closer to where he had heard her voice.

"What are your names?" A man asked as he pointed the gun at Jennie who was in his grip. "Can you please leave her?" Tae asked as his breath caught in his throat. "I asked you what your names are!" The man repeated gripping tighter onto Jennie's neck.

"I'm Park Matthews and that's Jennie Matthews representing the Kensington-Matthews Corporation." Tae said with his hands up. The man didn't even batt an eye as he shot at Taehyung's abdomen. Tae fell back in surprise and struggled to breathe. He was extremely thankful Gru had made him wear a bulletproof vest.

"You're lying; Matthew's has no kids. Well he had but they died two years ago. It was tragic really." The man said and Taehyung looked at Jennie in shock as she avoided his gaze. "So I'm going to ask you one more time before I put a bullet in this girl's head. Who are you?"

"Okay okay, please don't hurt the girl okay. I am Taehyung I am her-" Tae heard a gunshot and watched as Jennie fell to the floor. "No." He shouted as he crawled towards her.

He breathed out as he realized the man had been shot when he dropped to the floor. He looked behind him and saw the man whose 'woman' he had crashed into, leaving after he placed the gun on the floor. Tae frowned as Gru and his men came running in as the mystery man left.

Gru dropped beside the man who had shot Tae he checked for a pulse. "He has a pulse.  Whoever shot at him didn't shoot to kill. Get him into the car, we will call a doctor and then we will question him."