Chapter 12 ; "I desperately need you to help me."

The car sped but the aircraft was not letting us off the hook..well me. 

"May I ask what going on ?" Adam asked, then he left out a gasp "are you someone wanted? are you a drug dealer ? Look I don't want to get trouble with the authority, I need the money for-" I cut him off angrily.

"No I'm not !"I exclaimed   "I'm running away from my marriage," I added quietly. My voice was calm. At least I thought it was. However, in reality,  I was panicking. I felt breaths come out in rapid blows. My palms start to get sweaty and my my vision is going in a blur. Everything was getting unclear. "I'll take another exit in order to lose them, is that okay?" Adam's voice sounded distant. "Oh my god, you're having a panic attack." he stated. He rolled down the winds and turned off the air conditioner to get in fresh air. The hungry voice of Dave was carried away by the blowing and refreshing wind. 

And I felt myself breathing again, in a calm and steady way. "We need to stop for gas? and I'm hungry, so I'll dine in here." he said pointing at a diner. It looked like those on t.v. It was run over a little but the smell of food was mouth watering. It was red and white with a milkshake sign on top of it spinning.It looked for me ....homey. Not like those expensive restaurants I dined in and the amount of food was so small but the bill was huge! "I will dine with you too." I say as I averted my eyes from the diner. He tried to mask his surprise but failed miserable. "I will pay." I added quickly. "Oh, it's not that ma'am - " I cut him off. "It's Ann." I say 

"I'm trying to be professional here, this my job and we aren't friends." he replied. Ouch 

"Oh." I felt hurt. I don't even know why. It's not I wanted to know everything about this guy. I was definitely yearning for a friend... or somebody.

Adam parks the car in front of the diner. We walk into the the warm and cozy inside Eating house, which I found out the name of the diner. The smell of the greasy fries filled the air. 

I was lead by Adam to a table close by a window. A waitress approached us with a bright smile. I looked so out of place. Dressed in a black shirt and a striped black and white shirt. Not an everyday look in a gas station diner. Adam on the other hand looked like he could fit in, he was wearing dark jeans and a simple v-neck t-shirt with a dark oversized jacket. In the neon lights of the diner, he looked breath-taking. I'm being genuine here. 

"Hello, my name is Lisa and I'll be your waitress for tonight here are your menus," she said as she handed both of us the menus. "What would you want for a drink as a starter?" she asked 

"I would like a Pepsi with no ice." he said. She nodded her head at him, "and what you would like, ma'am?" she asked. 

I gave her a tight smile "I would like some root beer." The word ma'am is what seemed on everybody's tongue at the moment. It's not that it upset me, it's just I'm not that old. It's definitely that golden bracelet. My eyes scan the menu, "Have you figured what you would like?" Lisa came back with the drinks. "I would like the cow beef burger with extra fries." I say looking at her. "And I will have a classic beef burger with extra fries and chicken wings." Adam says. 

We sit in silence, I found it very awkward. I need Adam to help getting away. There is no Taxi around here, and the bus station is probably closed at the moment. And I just didn't want to trust any stranger. "I know this is probably crazy for you.." I start "but I desperately need you to help me," I say "please" I added.