Chapter 4- Struck by Lightning

***PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE FOR THIS STORY IF YOU LIKED IT!!!***

Author's Note: Sorry if I update slowly. Please understand that I am very, very busy right now because of my other book "The Billion-Dollar Marriage Contract" Also, I am working on several other stories as well. I am already doing my best with the updates. Please do understand. Thanks!

CHAPTER 4- STRUCK BY LIGHTNING

The Throne Room
Zeus’ Palace
Mount Olympus

-Zeus-

A long, long time ago…

♔-♔-♔-♔-♔-♔-♔-♔-♔-♔

“Where are you taking me?” Hera asked excitedly.

“It’s a surprise. Just a bit more,” I told my Queen. She was blindfolded and I held her hand as I guided her towards the best spot in Olympus before I revealed my surprise. I wanted us to be at the highest point of Olympus so that she could see all its beauty.

Right now, that highest point was the highest tower in the palace I built for her. I had the Titans build a very tall tower so we could sit there at night and watch the stars.

“Are we there yet?” she asked impatiently.

“We are,” I answered. I removed her blindfold and waited for her reaction.

She squinted at the light at first. Then, she blinked and her jaw dropped. Her eyes widened and she looked at me and then back to the majestic view before us.

This was it.

One of my promises to her. I promised her I’d build her the most beautiful palace and this was it. Now it was finished. The Titans along with my brothers helped me build it. But it was my design. It was something worthy of me and my queen.

And now it’s complete.

“Heavens!” Hera exclaimed as she looked at the expanse of Olympus. In the distance, we both could see the fields, the heavy expanse of forest, the wide river and the waterfalls.

And then directly beneath us was the palace I promised her. It was large and everything was made of white marble. The ceilings were high and it was held up by several carved pillars. There were several windows and open space so that the palace would always be light and cool.

Outside the castle was a vast courtyard filled with beautiful flowers. I picked them myself and asked Demeter to plant it. In the middle of the courtyard was a tall fountain. Hera’s image lay at the center of the fountain and it was made of carved marble.

In the statue, Hera stood tall with her head lifted high, a small smile on her beautiful face and her hands above her heart.

“Zeus, it’s beautiful!” she exclaimed.

I pulled her closer to my side and flew us down from the roof of the highest tower and directly in front of the fountain. She gazed at the image of herself with a curious look.

“Why this?” she asked me.

“It was how I first saw you and I wanted to preserve it forever,” I answered honestly.