Chapter 12- Piece By Piece

***PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE FOR THIS STORY IF YOU LIKED IT!***

I know I promised I'd update during the weekend but we had so much to do. For those who do not know, I am a Wattpad Filipino Ambassador. I was the one who organized out outreach program. Last April 24, 2014, we had a meet-up for readers and authors. Everything was free! (food, drinks, Wattpad shirt, pins, tote bags and stickers) but those who came should donate 1 book for children. That book was donated to an Orphanage last Saturday. This was why I was busy.

Read the author's notes at the end! I have a surprise for you guys. :)

CHAPTER 12- PIECE BY PIECE

The Same Day
New York Hospital
New York City

-Zeus-

She is my fire.

My most powerful thunderbolt—all heat and light. One touch, one kiss and I’m consumed by her flames. All restraint fled at this moment as I kissed her lips. The moment I felt her lips against mine, it sent an echo which reverberated deep into my very soul.

It’s true what they said that you don’t realize the value of what you have until it’s gone. That’s what happened to me. For hundreds of years, I pursued meaningless relationships and pleasure found in other women’s beds. Because of that, I forgot what I had with her—my queen.

I became consumed with the need for more conquests and the lusts of the flesh. Because of this, I threw away the greatest treasure ever given to me. Now that she’s gone and our bond dissolved by the Fates, it feels like I’m a drunk man sobering for the first time in a long time.

Nothing is the same and all I have is gone.

I groaned against her lips and my arms encircled her waist to pull her closer. Her scent wafted This, right here, felt so right. This was what I’ve been missing out on. This was something I callously tossed to the winds because I was a fool.

But I’m here to set everything right. Eternity stretches on and as long as there’s time, I can still undo the past. She may not forget it completely and our relationship will forever be strained by my past wrongs. I’d fight and replace all those memories with better ones.

I felt Hera’s arms wrap around my shoulders. I felt her lift herself by standing on the tips of her toes as she pulled my head down to meet hers. I felt her sigh against my lips and I took that as a chance to deepen the kiss. She parted her lips and our tongues met. My knees almost buckled at her exquisite taste. Desire flooded my entire body and it threatened to consume me. This was all her. This was her fire—the fire that lit my very soul. I wanted it all. Nothing is enough. I’d burn for her anytime. I’d let myself be consumed by her flames for the rest of eternity and I’ll never take this for granted again.

We heard someone coughing and I felt Hera’s fingers curl against my shirt. The material was bunched in her hands and it would leave wrinkles on this outfit that Eros chose for me. Well, it’s only a damned shirt. I didn’t care about wrinkles as long as she didn’t stop kissing me.

The coughing grew louder and I felt Hera’s hesitation before she pulled away. I opened my eyes and right now, I was sure that they were icy-blue. A long time ago, as we lay in bed together while watching the stars, Hera leaned closer to me and pillowed her head on my arm. Then she told me how my eyes flashed icy-blue when I was angry and how it was like the color of the ocean when we were making love.