Chapter 7

Later that night Sadie woke up to a slight noise. Millie wasn't in her bed and the door was open to the hallway. She heard quiet talking from Ava's room, "bad dream, M."

"Do you want to come in with me?" Millie whispered back.

"Yeah."

Sadie watched as Millie carried Ava in and over to her bed, tucking her in gently. "Ok, little bean?" she whispered. Ava just nodded as she fell asleep.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~*

When Sadie woke up next morning she saw Millie asleep with her arm wrapped protectively around Ava, cute she smiled to herself. She didn't really know what to do as she was in someone else's room, so she just lay there thinking about what had happened over the past few days. Thinking about what everyone had said about each other, Maddie had told her to stay away from Millie and seemed genuinely scared of her and her gang, but how could someone be afraid of Millie? The Millie she'd seen over the past couple of days was kind, caring, thoughtful...beautiful she thought. But then that wasn't the Millie everyone at school saw, that Millie ruled the school through fear and intimidation. Millie had called Maddie and her friends the 3 witches, but they'd seemed nice enough to Sadie. At this point she had no idea what to think, so she trusted her gut feeling for once and decided to put her faith in Millie. It scared her no end, remembering what her last so called best friend had done to her, but she didn't want to go through life like this, not trusting anyone.

"Millie?" she whispered, not wanting to wake Ava. Millie stirred slightly, her eyes fluttered open and she looked around disorientated for a few seconds till she locked eyes with Sadie.

"Oh, hey" she said with a slightly croaky voice. Sadie was giggling at her, "what?"

"Your hair" she answered, pointing at Millie's hair that was sticking up in all directions.

"Shut it" she said, throwing her pillow at Sadie, and waking Ava up in the process

"Millie!?" she said.

"Yeah, little bean?"

"Not nice, say sorry" she said, pointing at the pillow Millie threw at Sadie. Sadie smirked at Millie.

"Oh, I see how it is, siding with my friend hey" and with that she started tickling Ava till she was laughing her head off.

"Hey" said Sadie, jumping up, "leave my defender alone." She shoved Millie off Ava, "run Ava, get away from the tickle monster, I'll save you!" and she started tickling Millie instead. Ava did as she was told and ran back to her room laughing, leaving Sadie sitting over Millie tickling her.

"Oh, you're gonna pay!" Millie flipped Sadie over and starting tickling her. I love her laugh, damn, she's so pretty, no, beautiful...shit. Without realising it, Millie had stopped tickling her and was just staring at her. Sadie didn't notice at first and was just staring back. Millie slowly leaned forward, lowering herself till she was just hovering over Sadie, separated by mere inches.

"Millie! Sadie! Ava!"

The spell was broken by Millie's mom calling from downstairs. Millie quickly sat up, looking very self-conscious, unable to look Sadie in the eye. "We'd better get down there, she'll have made breakfast" she mumbled.

"O-okay" she agreed, and watched as Millie walked away. Sadie just sat there for a minute, trying to compose herself. She joined everyone downstairs a minute later.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~*