Chapter 2 (Cinder's Perspective)

"Iko, what are you doing?" Cinder asked her android friend. "I'm packing for the Commonwealth of course!" Iko said cheerily. Cinder groaned "Iko the wedding isn't for another two and a half months. Why are you packing now?" "Cinder you know how much I like to be prepared," Iko replied with a grin. "Yes I know but I'm not packing until like two or three days before we leave, why can't you do the same?" Cinder replied returning the grin. "You never know what could come up. I mean maybe someone on the crew could grow deathly ill with letumosis or Scarlet and Wolf could have their baby early and there be complications with the birth and then maybe they would need their good friend for a shoulder to cry on or something." "First of all we have the antidote for letumosis and Thorne and Cress are the fastest deliverers that we have of the antidote. Second of all I'm 99.9% sure that Wolf and Scarlet won't have their baby early because as you know Scarlet has been comming all of us after their appointments saying that this baby will be right on time and there so far are no complications and third of all I'm pretty sure neither Scarlet nor Wolf would need a shoulder to cry on because both of them are strong and even if they did it probably wouldn't be me." Cinder replied to her friend. Cinder thought about one day having her own children. She still hadn't told Kai that she and him would be able to produce a family of their own and she didn't think that telling him over a comm would be proper so she was going to tell him probably on the night of their wedding. Although that didn't seem right either. Cinder didn't know what she was going to do but she knew for sure that she wouldn't comm him when he had important emperor-like things to do. In her mind Cinder knew she was going to empress in two and a half months time but she still couldn't fathom that she was going to be royalty again and by her own will too. The first time she was royalty she was basically thrown into the position before her birth. That was before her evil aunt Levana had tried to commit homicide of Cinder and Cinder's nanny. Levana failed and her rein of tyranny ended with a bang and Cinder had almost died but now she was alive and well and planning for a wedding she had never would have expected to plan for. Most of the wedding planning had fallen on Kai because he was the only one who was on Earth full time and so he could meet with the wedding planner face-to-face instead of by facial messages. Also Kai could taste the food for the wedding instead of Cinder only seeing pictures and picking based on their looks but she had a good imagination and so she could imagine what the food actually tasted like. Little did she know that Kai had not tasted any of the food yet and he was on his way to see her...