Chapter 6 (Thorne's Perspective)

He had the ring for a couple months. It had a rose gold band and an royal blue diamond that Thorne thought would match Cress's eyes just right. Because the ring was made custom to fit Cress's small finger it was a little more expensive than Thorne had originally thought so he had to miss a couple monthly payments on the Rampion. Luckily Cress had helped him out when he missed some of the payments and she didn't complain one bit. Thorne had woke up every morning for the past two weeks with Cress out in the dining room working on something for Iko, Cinder's android friend who used to be the auto-control system of the Rampion before she was replaced by Darla. Darla was an android that Throne won a couple years ago in a game of Royals when Thorne was a wanted criminal on the run from the law in a small town in Africa called Farafrah. During the Lunar War, the town was wiped out by the former illegitimate Queen Levana. Since then the town had gotten kick-started with new residents after all the previous dead residents were cleared out after the war. Thorne and Cress had occasionally stopped by the town when delivering the letumosis antidote brought them to the African Union or around the African Union. Like if they were in Europe(even if it wasn't near Africa anything was in reasonable distance when you had a spaceship that you almost but not quite owned). When Thorne first got the ring he was trying to figure out when he should propose so he brought the ring just about everywhere with a rehearsed and memorized speech in the case in which the moment was right and Thorne would need to propose and sweep Cress off her feet and ride off into the sunset. But after a couple months Thorne thought he would follow the suit of Kai and Cinder by proposing  during the reception of the wedding and in private or change it up a little bit and propose in front of all their friends. Thorne didn't know. The captain wasn't scared of many things but in this situation Thorne was scared that the love of his life and the only woman he knew he would ever be with would say no as he was pouring his heart out to her. What if she said no and Thorne was alone and in love for the rest of his life? What if he never woke up to someone he loved again? What if he never had a family of his own? As Thorne thought that he needed to stop thinking about the what ifs and man up. Thorne never had fantasies about the perfect woman, the perfect as it's going to get life before he met and fell in love with Cress. He loved her so much and he needed her to know how much. Thorne pulled the speech he'd written months ago out of his jacket pocket so that he could perfect it. He had asked Kai what he did for his proposal speech and he had said that he kind of just winged it. Thorne had never winged anything in his life before and so that's why he prepared the speech. He had looked it over so many times that he had it memorized but when he looked at it now and read it over it just seemed wrong. When Thorne had wrote it he had tried to get to coincide with his thoughts about  how much he loved Cress. None of the words he had used to describe Cress didn't seem to fit her now. Thorne needed help. He was going to Wolf to see what he did for his proposal to Scarlet.  He was going to France and he would take Cress with him because Scarlet probably wanted to talk to someone a girl preferably. 

A/N: I hope you guys are enjoying the story! I have a question for my readers, should I enter this story in the Wattys and comment if so please!  As you can probably tell I'm taking a break with my other stories. I also as you can probably tell I don't really have writers block anymore although I had in a bit with this chapter. I love that I'm getting reads, it makes me feel accomplished even though I am a very young author and these characters aren't even my own but if you guys would recommend somethings I should write, that would be greatly appreciated! Love you all so much! Thank you again! 

..

     .