Chapter 10 (Cinder's Perspective)

Cinder and Iko speed-walked down the corridors to get to the spaceship port, Cinder's bare metal foot echoing the whole way there. When they got there, Cinder immediately saw the Commonwealth Royal insignia. 'What is Kai doing here?' Cinder thought. The door to the ship had not yet opened but there were guards in the doc that had their guns at the ready just in case someone was pretending to be Kai. The guns had special Lunar detectors on them that could tell if a person is who they say they are.

The door to the ship opens and out walks Kai and Torin. The guards rushed up to them both, and their guns went off signaling that both of them were clear. Kai looked around the port, his eyes searching for Cinder, and when they found her Kai's eyes light up like the stars above Earth, that Cinder had watched without Kai for months.

Cinder pushed throught the small crowd of people that were gathered around the ship and ran into Kai's arms. His embrace was warm and strong and Cinder was glad to be in it once again.

"I missed you," Kai whispered into Cinder's hair. It was so quiet that no one else but Cinder could hear it.

"I missed you too," Cinder said, lifting her head from Kai's chest to look into his eyes. Kai's eyes were glittering and he leaned down and just when he was a breath's away, Cinder said, "not here. We can do this later. But right now, I want to know why you're here."

Kai laughed. "I came because I missed you. And I wanted to see you. Is that so wrong?"

"No, it's not wrong. I just thought that we weren't going to see each other again until the wedding."

"That's the thing Cinder, I don't think I can wait until the wedding," Cinder looked up at him, confused.

"What do you mean Kai?"

"I mean that I need you. You are my best friend and I can't stand being on Earth alone while I know you're here, doing everything you can to be the ambassador to Earth while not being on Earth. And you're also doing the best that you can to help me plan the wedding but right know I'm in a slum. I need help, Cinder. Priya has been doing her best to help me but it's not enough," Kai sighed heavily and raked his hands through his hair, disheveling it. Cinder grabbed Kai's hand and pulled him off and out of the spaceship bank, Iko following.

"Kai what are you saying? Whatever it is, it's confusing me," Cinder said.

"Cinder, what I'm saying is, that, I want you by my side for this. This is really important to me and I don't want to do it alone. That's why I brought Torin with me. He's legally licensed to perform weddings and I was wondering," Kai stopped to rake his hands through his hair again, making it handsomely disheveled, "Cinder, I'm wondering if you would marry me here on Luna. I know that we wouldn't have anyone except Torin and maybe Iko here to watch but we can have an official wedding when we get back to Earth if you want. All I'm saying is that I want you to marry me and I can't wait two more months." Kai looked down at her and smiled, a blush starting to creep into his cheeks. "Cinder marry me? Please?"

Cinder gasped and put her metal hand over her mouth in shock. "You want me to marry you? Here now?"

"Yes I do."

"Ok then. Let's do it!"

"Really?"

"Yeah let's get married!" Cinder reached up and wrapped her arms around Kai's neck and put her forehead to his. "I love you so much Kai," she whispered.

"I love you too," he whispered back. Just then Iko walked over.

"I don't know what just happened but whatever it was it was adorable!" Iko squealed. Iko always the moment ruiner.

"Iko, I'm going to ask you something and if you say yes, I need you to keep it a secret. Okay?" Cinder asked, breaking away from Kai.

"Uh yeah, I can keep a secret. Cinder have you ever met me? I'm the best at keeping secrets,"

"You better be. Because this if it got out would be the biggest scandal in all of the third era,"

"Ooh a scandal!"

"It's not that bad Iko. I was just playing it up."

"Yeah I knew that. So what's the secret?"

"Kai and I are getting married," Cinder sighed.

Iko snorted. Or the closest thing she could muster to a snort. "I'm pretty sure that everyone everywhere knows that."

"No Iko. We're getting married today or tomorrow. And we want you to be a witness to guarantee that the marriage is legal. That's why I need you to keep this a secret. Because if this got out people all over everywhere would be on our caseload for not televising one of the biggest events of the third era," Cinder said.

"Oh so you and Kai are basically pulling a Wolf and Scarlet thing? Right?"

"I didn't think about that but yeah basically," Kai interjected. Cinder kind of forgot that he was there and when she turned around she saw that Kai had a permanent grin stuck on his face. He was as excited as she was. Cinder was trying very hard to contain her grin but she was failing. Epically. 

"Okay you two love-birds let's get going. We've got quite a bit to do and very little time to do it," Iko said, suddenly getting very serious.

"Iko there's really not that much to do. It's just going to be you and Torin there. We're going to have an official wedding and coronation in two months. Kai I suspect you've told Torin the plan?" Kai nodded and slipped his arm around Cinder's waist. "Okay then. Everything is planned. All we need you to do is be at the chapel at like oh I don't know maybe 11 tomorrow morning?" Does that work Kai?" Kai nodded again. "Do be too suspicious."

"Okay so let me get this straight, I'm going to the chapel tomorrow morning at 11 so I can be a witness for your unofficial wedding and I'm not going to be suspicious about it. Correct?

"Correct," both Kai and Cinder said simultaneously. Once Iko walked away Kai and Cinder looked deeply into each other's eyes until one of the guards came up to them and asked where they should put Kai's luggage. Cinder said that they should just bring it up to where he and Torin usually sleep on diplomatic visits. Once the guard left and there was no one left on the docks Kai finally could kiss Cinder without being judged by everyone around them. Cinder melted into the warmth of Kai's body and weaved her fingers through his messy hair. 

Once the couple finally broke from their embrace Cinder said, "I have to go get some work done. And don't you know that it's bad luck for the groom to see the bride the night before the wedding?"

"Cinder, since when have we EVER been traditional?"

"Good point. But this is a tradition that I would like to uphold," Cinder said, another grin teasing at her lips.

"Alright fine, you win this one. But count on me winning the next one!" Kai called after Cinder as she was already walking down the hallway, her foot clopping along the floor.

"Oh yeah for sure!" Cinder said sarcastically back to him.

"I love you and I'll see you tomorrow!" Kai yelled, but Cinder couldn't hear him for she was already around the corner.

A/N: Well there you go. Some Kaider for the soul. Hope you all enjoyed this long overdue chapter. I told you I wasn't giving up! Please stay tuned for the next chapter and also comment what you think is going to happen! Love all you nerds so much! Byeee!