Chapter 4 (Scarlet's Perspective)

Scarlet woke up with a massive cramp in her back. She looked at her clock, 2:30 am it read. Scarlet groaned internally, not wanting to wake Wolf who was sleeping so soundly. Being six months pregnant was hard considering that she still had farm chores to do. As her pregnancy progressed Scarlet was becoming slower when it came to doing just about anything. Scarlet was also getting hardly any sleep because she could never find a comfortable position and the child inside her couldn't seem to find a position of comfort either because it kept rolling around in Scarlet's stomach. When Scarlet and Wolf had found out they were pregnant they were ecstatic. They had called all their friends from the Rampion crew for an emergency meeting at the farm. At first everyone was worried that something bad had happened but when they learned the news they were so excited for the couple. The girls were all squealy and jumpy while they giggled about planning a baby shower but not after giving Scarlet hugs. The boys all went over to Wolf and shook his hand or patted him brotherly on the back or in the case of Thorne, gave him a big bear hug. Scarlet couldn't help but smile at the memory. She then realized that Wolf was sitting propped up on his elbow; hair messier than usual from sleep. "What's wrong?" He asked groggily, his green eyes tinged with worry, vibrant even in the dark of their room. "Nothing's wrong, I just couldn't sleep. I'm going to go and get a drink or something, maybe that will help." She got up to leave. Wolf followed, standing in front of the door; arms  crossed over his chest. "Scarlet this is the tenth night in a row that you've gotten up in the middle of the night. Tell me what's really wrong and I'll try to do something about it," Wolf told her, his voice no longer groggy. "It's just that I have a huge knot in my back that seems like it will never come out  and if I can't can't sleep now what will I do when the baby comes? I'll be perpetually exhausted and I'll not be able to take care of our child and I'm afraid that I won't be a good mother and ugh this is all so hard!" Scarlet blurted out with hysterics in her voice and tears in her eyes. Wolf pulled his wife into an embrace and he kissed her head of unruly red curls. "Scarlet, you won't just be a good mother, you'll be a great mother and it's natural to be scared when you are pregnant with your first child. You know that you can talk to me about anything, right Scarlet?" Scarlet wiped the tears from her face with the heels of her hands and looked up at Wolf "I love you Ze'ev Kesley and yes I do know that I can tell you anything but like I said it's hard being pregnant and not having any of your closest friends to relate with. Also having you been reading my pregnancy books?" Wolf grinned at her somewhat sheepishly "Uh maybe but what does it matter? I want to help you in any way I can. I'm sorry you're having such a hard time sleeping but it comes with the territory, I guess. Do you regret wanting to start a family of our own?" "No I don't regret it in the least but I'm hoping it will get better once the baby's born. And if I'm going to be one of Cinder's bridesmaids in two and a half months how will I fit into the dress at the rate my baby bump is growing?" Wolf laughed at her "What's so funny?" Scarlet asked Wolf. Wolf responded with "I just find it funny that that is one of the things going through your head right now but we should go back to bed. By the way you look very cute pregnant. I love you so so much Scarlet and I don't like to see you suffer." Scarlet looked up at him and said, "I'll come back to bed in a minute I just need to do something." Wolf nodded at her and went back to bed. Scarlet grabbed her port from her nightstand and went into the hallway to comm Cinder. The comm read, 'Hey, can I and Wolf either come to Luna or can you come here? We need to talk'