Chapter 12 (Cress's Perspective)

Cress was looking on the net for final parts to Iko's taste receptors when the comm from Kai came. The comm read, Hey Cress, I hope this comm finds you well. I'm just going to make this short. I need you and Thorne to come up to Luna for a few days. Bring your wedding attire and a party spirit! I'm not going to tell you what the occasion but my intuition tells me that you'll be able to figure it out. Please be up here in three days! See you soon! This took Cress by surprise because she was expecting a comm from a search agent who used to live on Luna, with news on Cress's mother. For a few months Cress had been searching for the woman who gave her up as an infant but to no avail. It seemed as though Cress's mother had disappeared off the face of the Earth or rather Luna. The only records were her parent's marriage record and the birth record of Cress. After that there's nothing. All the other records are documents that say what her mother did as a "promising scientist of Luna." None of these documents told Cress things that she didn't already know and it frustrated Cress that she couldn't find anything absolutely nothing on her mother.  Cress responded to Kai's comm with We'll be there! And you're right, I can guess what the occasion. See you then! Just as the comm was sent Thorne walked into the dining room. His roguish good looks startling Cress yet again. 

"Hey there beautiful. What're you working on?" Thorne asked his floppy hair hanging over his eyes. Stars, he needs a haircut  Cress thought to herself.

"Just trying to find the finishing parts for Iko's gift. Oh and I just got a comm from Kai saying that we should be on Luna in three days with our stuff for the wedding and I quote 'A party spirit,'" at this Cress kind of rolled her eyes.

"Oh yeah? What for?" Thorne's blue eyes were twinkling for even he could guess what was going on.

"I think you can guess," Cress replied, smiling.

"You're right I can guess," Thorne leaned down to nuzzle Cress softly with his nose. 

"Roughly, flying at the fastest the Rampion can go, how long will it take us to reach Luna?"

"Hmm let's see. It should be about 24 hours again going at the fastest we can go. So if we leave the day after tomorrow we should get there on time, granted that there are no complications in flight of course," Thorne said, getting into his pilot mode that Cress loved. 

"I love it when you talk pilot to me," Cress sighed.

"Yeah well I love it when you talk everything else to me. Cress you're so smart and I don't think I could do anything without you keeping me in check. I love you Cresent Moon Darnel and I want to spend the rest of my life with you," Thorne's voice was shaky as if he was nervous. Thorne was never nervous.

"Thorne what are you doing?"

"I'm professing my undying love to you. Is there something wrong Cress?" Thorne asked as he saw Cress's face start to drain of it's color. 

"I'm fine. I'm fine. Just a little light-headed is all. Thorne stop fussing, I can take care of myself. Thorne I mean it I can take care of myself," Cress said as Thorne was trying to pick her up out of her chair so he could lay her down on the couch. "It's just old stab wounds acting up. Plus I haven't been getting much sleep these past few days because I've been wanting to get Iko's present finished. Thorne what's wrong?" Thorne was crying.

"You're so dedicated to everything you do and I'm afraid that I'm not or will ever be enough to live up to your awesomeness. I mean my girlfriend is a freaking genius. She single-handedly created a taste receptor thing for a robot, and by scratch I might add," Thorne smiled sadly through the tears that were welling up in his eyes.

"Oh Thorne," Cress reached up and hugged Thorne around the neck. "Not enough for me? You're everything." Cress's words were muffled but she knew that she was crying and soiling Thorne's shirt. "You keep me grounded. If it weren't for you I would be a workaholic and if I'm being totally honest with you and myself I am a workaholic. But you keep me grounded and I love you for that and I love you for just being you." Cress lifted her tear-stained face to meet Thorne's and kissed him softly. 

Thorne smiled while kissing Cress and he held her tight. "I love you Cress and I never want to let you go."

A/N: Hey there! It's been a while on this one! This chapter has some Cresswell from the soul and another fandom reference, let me know if you catch it in the comments! Hope you enjoyed! And again thank you for all the support (Yeah I know I sound like broken record with all this but I really do appreciate it) Love all you nerds! Byeeeeee!