FIVE

The glowing departure of the sun was barely peaking above the horizon with its ostentatious farewelling, for it had finished another shift in the sky and was awaiting the drawing moments, in which the toenail-shaped moon will take its solemnised place. 

Throughout the day, it had managed to peak through the pockets of rain-filled clouds, inflicting its strikes of dazzling and inviting rays to the darkened shadows of White-Ivy Manor.  

Slowly, the fatigue was weighing down the shoulders of the young Sister, as the soft, spitting rain trickled along the windows that lined the hall which seemed as if it was the rickety bridge between Heaven and Hell – as the east meets west, and the corridor she currently saunters down, leads her right to the darkest corners of White-Ivy, where the insanity truely lingers in the tucked away and locked cages, that hide even in the shadows of daylight. 

As Eve walks into the mouth of the most dangerous wing with a metal tray in her hands, which was sparsely filled with a mediocre, sloppy excuse for a refreshing meal – she feels as if the murals cracked into the colours of the windows and upon the hung portraits, are glaring down at her with resentment. 

Beneath her drapes of black, her shoes click along the floors and she forces herself to listen to that sound, instead of the screams and crude sayings that come from the passing cages. These certain prison stalls were still far enough away from where the penitentiary kept the worst of the rotten litter, so those patients that hollered at her, were the ones that were rewarded with the advantage of having a slotted window in the metal doors of their cells – which the guards had all seemed to leave open tonight, perhaps finding a sickened pleasure out of the knowing that tonight was going to be exceptionally cold, and the opened squares would only let in the breeze of the wide corridors. 

The recollection of last night's events, or more likely, this morning's – have run rampant, over and over in her mind throughout the day. Upon being ordered back to bed, she didn't get much sleep, but rather laid in bed, staring at the cracks in the ceiling and noticing the coiled way the slithers of broken plaster, resembled the gut-wrenching wound that was deeply lacerated into Kylo Ren's porcelain face. 

A voice had echoed around her, whenever the silence finally mellowed – but no longer was the voice of Patient 727 ringing in her mind like a dove flying loops around her head, it was in-fact the revelation that the sly Priest had resided to her, before he took Kylo Ren away.

She was now bestowed the task of enlightening Kylo Ren, or more so, being his dutiful adherent – and how exactly she was expected to do that, when inside she is only fumbling on her own grip of faith, is completely enigmatic.

As soon as the sun rose, she prayed beneath the rays that crept through her small window, and then moved to the sanctuary, to kneel before the cross. The young Sister pleaded for insight and a whisper of wisdom, both for her questions regarding, how to fix Kylo Ren, and also how to mend herself in the meantime.

Then moving onwards, she went about her duties for the day, wondering just where Patient 727 was during lunch, and where they had taken him last night – it wasn't until after noon, that Darlot had pulled her aside and informed her on anything in which she should know, then leaving shortly after telling her that she would also need to carry the patient his dinner tonight, where he would eat it in his cell.

With that information, her impatience was set ablaze and her sinister devotions, ignited adrenaline, pumping an un-welcomed emotion into her warm veins, and the next passing hours felt hollow and incredibly slow, with the addition of childlike jitteriness by trying to fathom just what she was supposed to do, when she faces the monster again. 

Her hands were now clean, but sometimes she felt as if they were still sticky with his blood, and regrettably, whenever she licks her own lips, she wishes that she could still taste the sweet crimson.