NINETEEN

The ominous darkness which looms every corner, level and staircase of White-Ivy, is nothing but the playground for the devil to play and wonder upon. The rising moon may peek through the high windows like a glowing eye, watching the feast of the shadows indulge upon the mind's of all those who live inside, but whenever the light meets the void in which the devil brings, it retreats for there is nothing crueler than what can happen when nobody is watching. 

He's the darkness which stirs inside the souls of many. He is the deviant shadow in which nobody sees, but follows them everywhere they go. Lucifer lingers with a waltzing, joyful step. He chuckles and rejoices at the pleasure of catching the sight of guards hauling a man onto a hospital bed, who could even frighten his heart, if he had one – for Kylo Ren was a lost soul, but never floated to neither the light, nor the dark. 

Kylo Ren was a man who if he had enough power, he would most definitely attempt to battle both sides of purgatory. He was a shadow, but not one of Lucifer's servants – which is why the devil kept a careful eye upon him, as did the cautious spirit in the sky. 

Kylo himself, lives in the grey area of both the mortal world and the afterlife. He lives by his own set of rules and omens. He did evil things, but only because he seriously believed that he was saving the rest of the world from much worse, whilst also enjoying the way his victims would scream when he cut them just as sadistically. 

Kylo Ren wasn't exactly the incarnation of a devil yet, for he is still tender and flesh – but Lucifer does not even think that there will ever be enough room in hell for his darkness to slither in the way it does upon the land of free. He has danced with angels and fought demons, but refuses to be labelled either. His skin is as cold as snow, as pure as a winter's breath, but his heart is as fiery as the heated flames below his feet. No God orders him, and no heaven will ever let him in. The devil has watched him closely, just as Kylo has felt his fingers upon his shoulders and heard subtle whispers of degeneracy in his ear – but he was yet to listen to Satan, and instead, did turpitudes which were only brutally created in the chaos of his own mortal heart. 

So, when Kylo Ren was becoming nothing but an adversary or an opponent to the devil, Lucifer was pleased to find that a certain child of the Lord, was slowly becoming Kylo's inner war-zone's white flag. Eve was a weakness in the making, she was a repented and exiled, Holy Ghost of a mortal but she was innocently and naively summoning a shadow much more dangerous than she had anticipated, to forget about the ongoing battle between light and dark, for she was all that his eyes and crazed mind, gravitated onto.

The devil would have to give Kylo Ren some credit, though – he had done a remarkable job in luring the young Eve in, even if he didn't expect to push aside his sociopathic tendencies and remarkably etch her name upon the stone of his evil heart. He too, surges through the halls – but only the long paths of Eve's tangled mind. He plays with her thoughts and lives in both her nightmares, and her wildest dreams. The young Sister hadn't expected to fall so chaotically and dangerously for the patient, but just like Lucifer, God had kicked her out of the promised land, and now she only listens to the promises within the seductive voice of Kylo's, who has become her new guidance as he proves that without the light and dark, she could be truely free... if she dared to follow his alluring lead.

And Lucifer was bewildered to find that she had not yet gathered enough bravery to follow the condemned prisoner, for the hole in the fence really was an opportunity to become greedy upon the perilous chance of liberty without the walls caging both Kylo, herself and the devil into the same home. 

The night is no longer young, and the phantom of freedom is haunting her hallowed soul. No longer is there anything to cling onto, for her own hands and mind was the very thing in which kept her trapped in White-Ivy. The Sister had confessed only to the evil priest, because she was scared – and fear makes humans do beyond foolish things. When Kylo Ren had asked her to take his hand and leave, she feared an unknown future. Eve had caged off her own heart, for the luring promise of what may be considered devotion, is something that she has never understood, and what she was feeling for Kylo Ren is bound to become the death of her.