Reunion

Feel free to leave comments if you're confused about anything in this story <3

Cristina slowly, almost cautiously walked into the vent room. She looked around seeing that although much has changed throughout the entire hospital, this area looks the exact same. Almost untouched, it gave her comfort and security.

She stood there facing the wall, enjoying the stillness and peace. Being there after so many years overwhelmed her and she needed a place to be alone with her thoughts.

But then she heard a door opening behind her and turned around. Owen Hunt quickly walked in without realizing someone was already there before looking up to face her. They both stood still in shock.

Owen POV

I stood there, just staring at Cristina. My mind almost couldn't process that she was here. I thought I was imagining things.
I found out a few days ago that she was coming to the hospital but wasn't sure how long she was staying or if we would even run into each other. The news had kept me on edge, on top of my trouble with Amelia. The world has not been on my side lately.
What was she thinking? I wasn't sure if I should take a step forward or wait for her to make a move.

"Hi," were the words that came out. Her mouth curved into a small smile.

"Hello."

The front parts of her hair were pulled back by a clip and the rest flowed down in the big curls that I remember. Her stance was confident yet reserved. So many questions and thoughts ran through my mind and I couldn't keep up. Out of all the hospital, why did she come to the vent?

She walked closer to me until we met in the middle of the vent.

"I don't even know what to say."

------------------------------------------------

Cristina instinctively reached out to place her hand on Owen's arm but swiftly pulled back. Memories flooded her brain-- all of the moments they shared in the vent. Then all of their history in general. From helping Owen with his PTSD, to her opening up about her past with Burke, their wedding, and finally the abortion dilemma that led to their spiral downward.

"I needed a place to think alone, you know?" Cristina softly said.

"Me too," Owen replied. Although they both initially intended to be alone, neither one of them offered to leave, nevertheless wanted to. The atmosphere was now quiet but thick with nostalgia, passion, and chemistry so intense it seems almost tangible.

She stared into his brilliant blue eyes and was in awe. He mostly looked the same, except with darker circles under his eyes. He was visibly more tired and stressed but his eyes still lit up looking at her.

Just her presence brought his feelings for her back up to the surface to where he can't ignore them, although they never truly subsided. His past is now colliding with the present and the feeling overwhelms him too.

He did miss her. Of course he did. Her unabashed brilliance, blunt honesty, witty sarcasm, raw passion, soft touch, and any other idiosyncrasy that came along with loving Cristina Yang.

"I haven't even gotten my hand inside a body yet. I've been walking around all day with no case. What a 'welcome back', right?" Cristina blurted.

Owen just smiled back. "Must be a big difference from your work in Zurich."

"Yeah. It was nice seeing Zozo and Bailey, though. Nobody else has noticed me yet."

"Oh, they will." And Owen meant it. Her world renowned status has gotten her praise from the best of the best. "I'm really proud of you. You've accomplished... so much."

"Thank you." Cristina appreciated the compliment. But they both knew small talk was being made to cope with the indescribable tension in the air.

They were now standing as close as can be, gently leaning into one another. She felt a warm, electric sensation run through her body. It has been a long time since they've been this close.

"I'm not staying." She whispered.

"I know."

"I wish it were different."

"I know."

AAAH this made me emo. Btw I have a feeling most of my chapters are going to be somewhat short because I like them having consistency with scenes.
Owen's stressed appearance will be explained in the next couple of chapters!