Chapter Three: New Friends

I glanced at Alex, confused. They smiled at the house, and looked toward me, awaiting a reaction, and once they saw the look on my face, they also looked confused. "What's wrong?" They asked, crossing their arms over their chest.
"Um... Nothing.." I looked away, and they laughed.
"Oh, this isn't the real house!" Alex laughed, a cute melody of delight. "We just use this to hide our house, so no one tries to take it away or stop us. This way!" Alex took my hand, sending a shock up my arm, and lead me to a corner of the house, a ripped, old couch shoved in between the edges. Alex pushed it to the side, revealing a trapdoor hidden beneath the sheets draped over the couch. Alex threw it open, the wooden boards clacking against the thin walls. I was worried that the door would crack the walls, but luckily, it didn't. Alex motioned for me to climb down, and I looked into the passageway. The walls were coated with sleek stone, and a silver ladder going a few feet down. The tunnel wasn't lit very well, but there was a light coming from down the corridor. I turned, and placed a foot on the ladder, slowly climbing down. Alex came shortly after, dragging the couch along the floorboards while the trapdoor was half closed. It ended up looking exactly like before, which was interesting. I made it to the bottom, my sneakers sliding on the slippery floor. I regained my balance by grabbing one of the rungs on the ladder, but Alex didn't see me and stepped on my hand. I yelped, withdrawing my arm.
"Oh, my gosh, I'm sorry!" Alex looked embarrassed.
"Uh... It's alright." I winced, and started walking down the hall. I heard faint music coming from the room at the end of the corridor. There was a big metal door closing off the area, a padlock guarding it. Alex took out the same key from before and unlocked it, throwing open the doors and leading me into a giant underground lounge. The carpets were fancy and soft, the floor was made of expensive-looking tiles, there were couches scattered around, all sitting low to the ground. They looked new and clean, red satin lining them, pillows that seemed to be encrusted wth jewels, there was a stereo blasting a Taylor Swift song, while a disco ball twirled above. There was a long dinner table covered in a fancy, pure white table cloth, with enough food to feed an entire city. Sweets and salads, pizza and meats, cheese and almost anything you could imagine. Two girls were relaxing on one of the couches, talking. As they heard the door open, they both looked up, and waved in greeting. I knew I should probably be excited, but I was getting a really bad feeling right now....