Chapter Five: Party Time!

Kitty rushed over to a DJ stand, and held up a remote, pointing it at the ceiling. The disco ball started to spin and glow, and music blasted from speakers all around. Alex laughed and started dancing, grabbing my wrists and pulling me onto the dance floor, where I slowly bobbed my head to the tune. I didn't know how to dance, but it looked they they didn't either. Alex and Lana were... flinging their arms wildly and bouncing up and down, not dancing well at all, but they seemed confident and happy. Kitty was also dancing, bobbing along like I was and smiling like crazy.
"Kitty, put it on autopilot and join us!" Lana called, waving at Kitty. She smiled and clicked another button on her remote, which switched the song. She then jumped over the stand and landed on her feet right next to Alex. She brushed past them and grabbed my hand. She was still smiling and laughing, and her grip was gentle.
"Wanna dance?" She asked. I laughed with her and nodded. She pulled me further into the middle of the floor, and we basically spun in circles while casually bobbing about. It was the most fun I'd ever had with friends! We danced for hours, taking breaks to eat and talk, and soon, I felt like I was really involved in their group. I was apart of them! I also learned more about them, and their sexualities. Kitty was asexual panromantic and Nonbinary, and they also revealed that Kitty likes to use they and them more then she and her. I felt bad again, but they said it was fine, and they didn't care too much. Alex was also polysexual, and genderflux, which was kinda like genderfluid, which was what Lana identified with. I still don't quite understand what the difference is, so I couldn't explain, but Alex said that sometimes their gender is based off of "brightness" like a light switch. Sometimes, when they felt really "bright", they felt more masculine. The opposite was gender neutral. Lana said that she was genderfluid, but usually uses she/her (and would tell us if she didn't like she/her that day) polysexual and demiromantic, which meant that she only experienced romantic attraction after a strong bond had been formed. They were all such a unique, happy bunch, it made me glad that I found them. But of course, just when everything is at it's best... that's when things went very, very horribly wrong.