x.

"Both of you got burned a thousand degrees of what if's and why's."

To every mistake,

     Some of it were forgiven while some of it were forgotten. Some of it faded into oblivion just seconds after you made them while some of them remain for a very long time. Some of it offer a sense of discovery you found about yourself while some offer isolation while you sit in the corner thinking of it. Every mistake, every wrong decision, every wrong turn you took also pointed you to where you are now, along with the right ones you did. Sometimes it led to fights, sometimes it led to heartbreak, sometimes you get burned by a fire you thought was under your control.
     Both of you got burned a thousand degrees of what if's and why's because you took another wrong turn in your life. You chose to hang out with your buddies instead of going to the movies, you chose to stay at home and cancel your plans at the last minute because you didn't feel like it, you chose to make so much excuses instead of telling her you took the wrong turn. She would've understand if you were honest it wasn't working out. She loves you after all.
     Instead you chose sides and you chose wrong. You turned right, but she chose left. You were walking straight ahead but she was running back. You took the wrong turn and now you lost your way. You took the road without her to guide you and you found yourself mistaken, thinking who would be there to point you to the right direction if not her. You find yourself alone, isolated, and burning a thousand degrees of what if's and why's on a seemingly endless road with no one there to quench the fire of your heartbreak. All because you lost your way.
     You found your way back once when you found her though- a stalwart soul also burning a thousand degrees just like yours. And when both of you quenched the flames of each other's heartbreak, you found love. So it's never too late to turn back. You were headed straight ahead, what could go wrong if you glanced back once in a while? You may actually find she lost her way without you too, and she followed you all the way, a soul ready to quench your flames.