xv.

"You came back, but it's too late."

To you who comes back:

     And so the prodigal hero returns. You still think she'll be there waiting for you on the same spot you left her hanging. You still think she'll accept your surrender and fall back into her arms after you pushed them away and left her with pillows and blankets to hug. You still think she's expecting your long return after you've made her weak, left her dry, left a lot of teardrops running down her cheeks, left her heart broken when she trusted you with it in the first place, and you still think she'll be fool enough to love you again. You still think you'll hear her soft voice as you heard it in your phone calls, feel her warm embrace filled with the scent of her perfume, or go to the movies all over again, and taste her lips just like that. You told her you loved her still and you've made the biggest mistake of your life, and you were damn sorry you cheated on her with a princess when right in front of you was the queen, and you told her that over and over again but it's not that easy. You loved her, but you left her still. And while she was stupidly waiting for your return, she was learning the hard way.
     You've made her strong, and the tears ran dry after all those sleepless nights, all the anxiety thinking what went wrong, and little by little she picked up the pieces of her once shattered heart and reassembled it, good as new, and now she has entrusted it to someone else. She has moved on, and while you were away on your journey, she fell for someone who filled her heart with the joy she's been longing. She is smart enough now not to fall for you again cause when she was holding on for such a long time, you let go of your grip and left her struggling, falling for another man when she finally let go of hers. You came back, but the phone calls are gone, so is the warm embrace filled with the sweet perfume, so are the movies, so are the kisses. She's gone somewhere else. You came back, but it's too late.