The News

Mai's Pov

So today, Bryant told me that he was going to take me to the beach. I used to always love the beach! I can't believe that he's taking me. After he told me that, with a frustrated sigh, he said "I have to tell you something important."

I put on this really cute swimsuit and brought lunch in a basket. When we got to the beach, I dashed out of the car and ran straight toward the beach. We played, we kissed...passionately, and we tanned a little. Before the sun set, he said it was time to talk. So we sat on the towel and he started.

"Okay, before I say anything, I want to know, do you really love me?" "Of course! I love you, and I'll love you forever." He suddenly got nervous and looked down at his hands. "What's wrong?" I put my hand on his shoulder.

"Well, you know that guy who came to the house the other day?" I nodded. "He's your mate." I was shocked. How could this be? When I was next to him and on top of him, I felt nothing. No connection or anything. It seem as if we were strangers! "That's impossible!" I shouted. "He can't be my mate. That doesn't make sense!" He looked at me with a pained expression. "Um yes he is Mai. Now calm down, I have more to tell you."

I sat back on the towel and listened.

"I don't know fully what happened becasue I wasn't next to you or anything but, one day, you started to have nightmares. Like really bad ones. You invisioned your family dying or something? Yea so a few days of having these nightmares, while you were sleeping you stopped breathing. Zander, the name of your mate, paniced and frantically brought you to the pack doctor and he said you had this disease. Zander freaked out and blamed himself for everything that happened to you and then chose a descision. This descision changed your life forever. He chose to break the bond between you completely. He didn't want you to go through all the pain of the disease so he just did it right on your hospital bed. And then, after the mage did the spell, she dropped you off at your cabin and then you met me."

Is that why I don't remember anything? Is that why I woke up unconcious on my bed. It made sense in a way but then it kinda didn't. Why would he do it without asking me?

"Also, remember when I told you that Andrew wanted a person? Well that person was you. He wanted you so that he could kill you before you kill him. He was the one that wiped out your family."

After he said that he was quiet. I assumed that he was finished talking and that he wanted my view on this or my response. Then I noticed that he was nervous. Perhaps he thought that since Zander was my supposed mate, I would go running off to him or something. But I wasn't going to do that.

"Bryant, I want you to know something. My feelings for you, they're never going to change. I love you. And what's most important is that I'm never going to leave you for him. Although this news is quite shocking and may effect our lives, I don't want it to. I want things to just be normal, and that we can just act like we never dicussed this." His eyes lit up when I said this. "But, since he is my 'mate' I would at least try to meet him, you know, formally. He nodded in excitement.

After that we went home.

Once we get home Bryant looked at me happily.

"What?" I asked while smiling.

Then he grabbed my waist and pulled me towards me. He gave me a tight hug before kissing me in the lips. I responded back and when he bit my bottom lip softly, I opened my mouth. We just stood there in the hallway making out when he slid a hand up my shirt. He slightly pushed me towards the bedroom and tried to continue on the bed but I was questioning myself. Should I really do this now?

I pulled away. "Bryant I-" He looked at me. He showed a hurt expression. I just felt sorry so I kissed him. When I let go I say, "Not tonight. Tommorow."

________________________________________________________________________________

So probably the next time that I write a part, it'll have mature scenes in it. IRDK. Maybe.

;) :)