New Day

I woke up to someone jumping on my bed

"Daddy! Daddy! Wake up sleepy head" Emily screamed to the top of her lungs. I lazily shifted my body to face where she was.

"Good morning, Ems how was your sleep?" I asked half awake

"Daddy it was very good, I had a dream about a unicorn, his name was Billy and" I had to cut her off mid-sentence because she was way too loud in the morning.

Why in the hell is she hyper? What the hell did she eat last night?

I started to from those conclusions in my head.

"Ems what did you eat for dinner last night honey?" I asked curiously

"Daddy I had brownies" she screamed

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, since when did I give her sweets for dinner last night?

"Emily where did you eat the brownies?" Usually, when I use her first name she knows that she is in big trouble.

"Mrs. Monroe from the daycare gave it to me daddy. She is really nice" Emily said grinning from ear to ear

Who in their right minds would feed a kid brownies at seven pm at night time?

"Ems go to the kitchen, daddy will cook you pancakes" I said carrying her towards the door.

"Yessss! Pancakes!" and with that, she just ran to the kitchen.

Just as she left I laid back onto the bed and rolled to the nightstand with a picture frame on it. I picked up the picture frame and examined the picture. The picture had a photo of me kissing Jessica on the cheek on the day I proposed to her. I couldn't but help wonder what our life would have been like if she was still with us today.

Just before I went deeper into my thoughts, the screeching voice of Emily permeated through the whole apartment.

"DADDY! HURRY UP, IM HUNGRY!" she yelled from the kitchen

"Coming Ems" I kissed the picture frame and put it back on top of the nightstand.

I went to the kitchen to see Emily sitting on a barstool drawing a picture of a Unicorn riding a bicycle. I couldn't help but laugh at the creativity of my daughter. I took the pre-made bowl of pancake batter from the fridge and put it on the hot skillet. Just as I was about to pour the pancakes, my finger touched the pan.

"Shit" I whispered so Emily couldn't hear it

"Ooooh Daddy said a bad word" she teased in a melodic noise

"Yea and don't repeat what your dad just said kiddo" I scolded her

"Yes, Pa" as she zipped her lips and threw the key away

I started to have small talk with Emily. Ever since she started daycare she has been quieter in the house. It's not that I don't like her talking, I just want to bond with my daughter.

"So kiddo you ready to go back to the daycare?" I asked

"Yes daddy, Ms. Monroe is really nice. She reminds me of grandma" she chirped

Ever since my fiance died, my mother has been very supportive of us. She would often come by and check up on us every now and then.

I put the pancakes on her plate and blew on it. The last time Emily almost burned her whole tongue off trying to eat the scolding hot pancakes.

"OMG stop that! I'm almost 6 you know. I'm a big girl now" Emily said while poking my cheek

"Well Ems you will always be my little girl to me" I said kissing the side of her head.

While Emily was eating I went to the couch to use my laptop. I opened it and read the recent email that was sent to me.

Dear Mr. L/N,

We are writing this email to remind you of your job interview with Ms. Lee later this afternoon. You are scheduled to meet with her at 3:00 PM today. Please don't be late, Ms. Lee does not appreciate tardiness. Best of luck Mr. L/n, we wish you all the best.

Sincerely,

Ava Smith, Executive Assistant to the Chair-Woman, JYP Entertainment

As I closed my laptop, I heard the tunes of really catchy music. I walked towards the TV and saw Emily looking intently at the group of girls dancing to the catchy melody"

"Me likey

Me likey likey likey

dugeundugeundugeun"

I then tried to follow the choreography of the group. As I was intently trying to follow the step, I heard giggling coming from Emily who later said "You suck at dancing, Sanna-unnie can do it better than you" As you look back at the screen you noticed the girl Emily was talking about. According to Emily, her name is Sana and she is incredibly beautiful. Her brown eyes and brunette hair was something I can look at for days.

The sudden blaring of the alarm on your phone broke you out of the trance

The sudden blaring of the alarm on your phone broke you out of the trance. I looked at the watch and read the time 12:30 PM. Ok, I have 2 hours to get ready. I cleaned up Emily's plate and gave her a bath. I took Emily to her room and laid out her clothes for her to wear at the daycare today. After that, I went to the bathroom to take a shower. I let the hot water cascade down my body, further relaxing. I got out of the shower and looked in the mirror and said to myself.

"It's a new day"

----------------------------------------------

Sorry I didn't update in such a long time. I hope this makes up for it :D

Stay Fresh

-ABH