Shocked

"Thank You" The taste of her cherry lips graced my lips leaving me in bliss. 

Only one word can describe this moment "Bliss" I have never thought a moment like this would happen in a million years. Rose was the first women I have ever kissed since the day my wife died.  Another word came into my mind to describe this moment "Guilt".

Rose noticed my sudden change in demeanor and quickly retracted. Her face was red just like a child who was caught stealing from the cookie jar. We just looked at each other waiting for one of us to break the silence.

"Sorry, I didn't know what came over me" Rose said as she looked at the ground with her hair covering her face.  She was trying really hard to hide the blush that came over her.

Trying to lighten the mood, I hugged her around her waist hoping she would reciprocate the gesture back.  I suddenly felt Rose wrap her hands around my neck pulling me closer to her face. With our face only inches apart, I lost myself looking at her beautiful brown orbs.

Rose pecked my lips and quietly whispered "Thank you for doing all this for me" she then went in to kiss me again. I completely surrendered myself to her; let her take control. Just as was about to lean in to give me another kiss, Rose's phone suddenly rang.

She leaned back and looked for her phone in her purse. Taking out a black and pink phone case, she put it up to her ear.

"Hey, Lisa! I'm here at the hospital with a friend" she said excitedly

I felt a pang in my heart as soon as she said the word "friend" but then the harsh reality smacked me in my face realizing that is what we really are.

I wasn't listening to what Rose was saying because I was too deep into my thoughts; pondering to what just happened. Then her voice brought me back.

"Y/n my friend Jisoo just called, she was wants me to return back to the dorm. Hey is everything okay?" she gave me a worried look.

Trying to cover up my emotions, I tried to give her a genuine smile.

" Yea, It was nice meeting you Rose.  I hope we get to see each other again. Also here is my number if you ever want to meet up or just want to talk" I handed her a blank business card with just my name and number, it didn't indicate that I worked in JYP.

She looked at the card and smiled at it, hugged me, thanked me and left.

After Rose left I walked over to the balcony to look at the Han River.  The bank descends gently to a shallow shelf of stones, ducks and swallows dart over the browns of the river gravel between shadows. The river flows, seemingly endless, tireless, effortless, graceless, over the tall ragged grass banks like a nibbled biscuit, heron waits, a living sculpture, poised on one leg, patient as the breeze, patient as the river itself.

I took one deep breath before looking at the calm blue sky thinking about "her" clasping onto the necklace she gave me. I opened and there was a quote she always used to say "Accept what is, let go of what was. Have faith in what will be."

I looked at the necklace and quietly thought to myself.

You were right all this time, I had to let go.

Coming out of my thoughts I headed back to Emily's room to sleep the rest of the day off.

--------

The Next Day

I was awoken to the sound of Emily's door being open, I looked at the watch on my wrist and it read 4:56 AM.  The doctor walked in and told me that she is able to be discharged today and I just have to sign the paperwork.  Signing the paperwork needed for the discharge, I  then changed into the suit that Se-Yeon has kindly brought me from home.