Bitter Memories

"I love you" 

Those three words felt euphoric. Were we strangers at all? I'm not sure that we were. Even then, when I saw you weeping on the cold hospital floor,  I didn't know why. I saw you the first time that day, I just knew I had to protect you from the harsh realities of this wicked world. I wonder if there is an aspect of time that makes us feel a strong love, like an orange light that explodes across a dark horizon. When our eyes met, it was sweet, something to take us through the hardships of life.

A week after that fruitful night, Rosé and I have decided to take our relationship to the next step and make it official.  We didn't make it public, but my employees were very much aware of our relationship. However, no one dared speak out due to the media and fan backlash. I still haven't told Rosé about Emily, but when the time is right I will introduce Emily to the person who I will hopefully call my life partner.  What more can I ask for, I'm with the person I adore and I have a successful career. What can go wrong

.

.

.

right?
—————————
Irene POV

I sat in the living room of the dorm reading the latest tabloids about dull gossip that recently happened.

"Pffft TWICE What a joke," I told myself as I put the magazine down and picked up the remote to watch the television. Pressing the channel button I aimlessly pressed the button skipping along the channels. 

Just as I was about to turn off the TV to head to bed, I saw the familiar face of someone who I thought I would never see. Someone who I wanted to forget, but realizing it now my thoughts and emotions are betraying me.

Y/n

Nestled in my normal seat, comfortable with a blanket, my eyes glued to the television in front of me, I sat in a sea of sadness and confusion, engrossed and transfixed on the fine specimen that I used to call "mine."  He had the kind of face that stopped you in your tracks.  Y/n had prominent cheekbones and a well-defined chin and nose. He had strong arched brows and eyelashes so fine, it could be illegal. If looks could kill he would definitely be my murderer.

Still watching the TV I listened to what the news broadcaster had to say.

"Earlier this week the new president of JYP was just seen exiting the hospital. What could be the reason for his visit? our sources say that his daughter was critically ill and needed treatment.  However, we were able to ask the new executive some questions"

The television then transitioned to Y/n walking to a parking garage, around him were several members of the paparazzi and members of the press with microphones and cameras.

"Y/n, how do you feel about being the president of JYP?" Y/n leaned onto the mic

"Well, I feel honored that Mr. Park has chosen me for the position. I promise that this will be the mark of a new era in Korean Entertainment. JYP will be on top"

I smiled at the humbleness of his answer.  Just as Y/n was about to enter his car a woman that I recognized as the local news anchor approached him to ask a question.

"Mr. L/n, before you married to your late wife there were reports of you being in a relationship with Irene of Red Velvet. Do you care to give a comment regarding the rumor"

At that very moment, my brain stuttered for a moment, every part of me stopped while my thoughts caught up with me. How did they know about my relationship with Y/n? I then smiled at the question that was being asked.  Oh, what a tangled web we weave.  My phone started to ring knowing that it was from the revelation that was just revealed.