Chapter 3: speak to me, please.

{BRENDON POINT OF VIEW}
I got Ryan inside he's soaking wet from the rain and shivering.
"Brendon why did you Bol outside so fast? I thought you were doing homework?" Mom Said walking into the front room where Ryan and I were.
"Hey mom. This is Ryan Ross. He's the boy I was telling you about earlier" I said. Mom took one look at Ryan and said  "Brendon why are you two standing there I'll make som hot chocolate you go get Ryan something dry. The poor kids gonna get hyperthermia" she. Walked into the kitchen.

"Come on ry. Follow me to my room" I said. And Ryan followed me to my bedroom.

"You Okay ryry? I mean I doubt you'll say much but like did your headache ever go away" I asked.
He just kinda stared at me and sighed then shook his head "not really" he said quietly.

I was confused "not really what?" I asked with out thinking.
"Not really okay" ry mumbled.

I walked over and hugged him. "Why Love? What happened?" I asked.

He hugged me back tightly, with out responded His face was buried in my shoulder and all I could hear were his muffled sobs.

When he finally collected himself all he said was "Im sorry I'm being a burden"  and let go of me.

"You're not a burden ry. Please know you're always welcome here. Okay?" I smiled and handed him a sweats and a sweatshirt put these on so you'll at least be warm.
I went to try to finish the last couple problems of my math homework while Ryan changed.  I glanced over at him and noticed the bandages on his arms. He hasn't noticed that I saw anything and had to act like I didn't. I don't think now is a good time to ask him about it.

"Brendon! Ryan! Come on into the kitchen" i could hear my mom calling. Ryan and I went downstairs . And into the kitchen. I'm sure mom is going to be a little confused and slightly disappointed by how little Ryan actually speaks. She didn't believe when I said he doesn't speak much.

We sat and the table and Ryan of course looked nervous. "Hey Ry its okay. Breathe. No one is going to hurt you. It's okay" I said. He seemed to relax a little bit. 

After about 10 minutes mom tried to get conversation out of Ryan.  And failed miserably.

I seriously wonder what goes on inside Ryan's head.  

"Boys Its Getting late, ryan do You want me to drive you home or do you want to stay here?" Mom asked.  Ryan jus shrugged

"Hold that thought" I said as I ran to get my phone and Ryan's.

I handed him his phone.

[TEXT CONVERSATION]

Me: Ryro. Ur welcum 2 stay here if u wan?

Ryro: can I?

Me: yeah. Btw i have a question or 2, 4 u.

Ryro: ask me up stairs.

[END OF TEXTS]
"Ryan is going to stay here tonight" i said. 

"Okay. Dont Stay up too late" mom said and then Ryan and I walked up stairs.

{RYAN POINT OF VIEW}

"Ry, I wanna ask you something. I'll text it if you prefer but I want you answer instead of blow me off with silence" Brendon said.
Oh god I have a couple guesses what he's gonna ask. What did he see when he looked back at me? Fuck.  Ryan why are you like this?
I nodded my head .  I was sitting on the edge of his bed leaned against the wall.  While He sat at the head of the bed leaned again the other wall.
"Ryan, are you hurting yourself?" He asked.
Fuck I knew he was gonna ask that.  I nodded and didn't do anything when leaned towards me. "Do You mind?" He asked starting to move my sleeves up and I shook my head at this point I didn't give a fuck. I'm tired. My head hurts and i already let him in too much by crying earlier. There's no going back. I mean I don't have to tell him everything there's a lot I don't understand so I doubt he will. 
He undid the bandages that I had tried to do in my frantic state of mind. I hadn't even bothered to see if I needed butterfly bandages or anything. I hadn't noticed how bloody the bandages were.
"Ryan, love theses are so deep, Why would you hurt yourself Like this. What happened to cause this?" He said pulling me in for a hug.
I leaned my head into his shoulder and let him hold me.  It was weird to feel human contact. It was very new to me. It felt warm and safe.
"Hey, Im Going to grab some stuff and redo the bandaging on your arms. Okay?" Brendon Said Getting up I looked at him and nodded.
He came back with butterfly bandages for then cuts that needed it.
He finished re bandaging my arms and rolled my sleeves back down. 
"Brendon..." I said quietly
"Yeah ry?" He looked up at me.
"Do you have food? I'm hungry" I said.
"Yes. What would you like?" He smiled
I shrugged "at this point I'll take anything"
He looked concerned.  But like a genuine concerned not that fake concerned my parents are or the doctors are.  "Ryan, When was the last time you ate anything?" He asked.
Fuck I had To think about that.  "Two days again?" I questioned. He frowned.
He got up and game back with fruit. "Here this is all I can give you without cooking" he smiled.
"Thanks bren" I smiled taking the fruit.
~~
I finished the the fruit and moved so I sitting next to Brendon he wrapped his arms around me as if he could tell I wanted him to hold me.  I feel so weirdly safe around him. He was working homework but he had one of his arms around me and that was good enough for me.  I snuggled up close and fell asleep.