Chapter 4

Phoebe P.O.V.

When I wake I get up quickly and change into my cute running clothes.

Louis and I were on the phone late last night and when I told him that I run in the morning I invited him as well. He quickly said yes and I was happy about it. More time to spend with him...

As I check the time I realize that there’s still 20 minutes till the time we set to meet. 

I start to sit on my couch when I hear a knock on my door. Yay! I jump up and down very silently. I try to relax my smile and fail. But it quickly disappears once I open the door and realize it’s not Louis...

There at the door stood my high school boyfriend, Caleb. I’m shocked. How did he find me! And then I answer my own question... my mother. She must've told him where I was. DAMN!

Caleb smiles at me and says "Phoebe, Hi." 

I don’t know what to say so I answer simply, "Hi."

"You’re probably wondering what I’m doing here, and if you would be so kind as to let me in I’ll tell you everything."

I move to the side and let him in. 

For a while we just stand there awkwardly. I’m the first to speak, "umm, why don’t you take a seat." as he sits I follow sitting as far away from him as possible. 

I notice that he’s checking me out, and I feel a little self-conscious. He then realizes that I caught him staring. He immediately begins to explain what he’s doing here.

"So I’ve been thinking about you so much lately. I’m going to be straight forward and just come out with it... we love each other! We should always be together. Baby please take me back. I know I said it was stupid of you to try to figure out who you are in a place like this but I’ve changed my mind. Come on, I’ll support you completely now. I’ll help you figure yourself out. We’ll... we'll... help each other learn who we both are!" as he finishes he gives me his winning puppy eyes that always use to get me, but they don’t work on me anymore. 

I smile politely and give it to him straight and forward as well, "have you forgotten, you not only didn’t support me but you also cheated on me with my best friend! Not once or twice but for a whole year! If you are serious about figuring yourself out then good for you. Now good luck and please see yourself out"

I walk towards the kitchen waiting to hear the door open and close as the guy who once own and broke my heart leaves. I hope this time it’s for good.

I’m, in my own thoughts for a while until I bring myself back to earth after this disturbing encounter. I remember I have a running date with an amazing lad. As I hear a knock on the door, any trace of Caleb has been erased and forgotten from my mind and heart.

I quickly run to the bathroom to check my appearance and turn back out as quickly to open the door. There he is, perfect and beautiful.

Dreamily I say "Hi." with the same tone he says "Hello." we just stand there smiling at each other for a while. Louis breaks the silence by saying "you look beautiful" I blush and thank him. 

"Oh, would you like to come in or start running?" I ask. 

He thinks about it for a second and then responds "maybe we should start running while it’s still cool out and then you can invite me in after?" he winks. 

I let out a little giggle, "of course." 

We walk down to the lobby and walk out the door. 

Louis grabs my hand and we begin to jog. His hand feels nice on mine.

"Why are you running so fast Louis? Are we about to race or something?"

"Well maybe we should. I’ll win. But first I really want to show you something."

We run on the beach. The air smells so lovely. After a couple of minutes we stop at a beautiful site.

There’s a little pond-like water spot surrounded by huge rocks. Flowers of all colors are all around it. And the view is just to die for. I’m speechless without a single word to describe what I’m feeling. Then Louis whispers, "What do you think?" channeling my thoughts. I really don’t know if I can even speak but I try "it’s amazing. When... how, did you find this beautiful place?"

He smiles, pleased with the reaction he got from me. "I was just running once, as far as possible, and then I spotted this place. Come, let’s sit by the edge.” He holds out his hand and leads me to the pond. I take off my shoes and dip my feet in the water. It feet great! 

Louis puts his arms around me and I rest my head on his shoulder. "This place is so peaceful and wonderful" I muse.

"Yes, I love coming here, when I feel like being alone with my thoughts. Or in this case with someone special." I look up at him and realize he's talking about me. His eyes are so intense on mine, but I just can’t bring myself to look away. He starts leaning in and I do as well. As his lips touch mine the kiss begins sweet and gentle and escalates to more passionate and hungry, craving for more.

A smile slowly spreads on our lips and I feel the sensation of falling, Louis is pushing me into the water and I pull him along with me. In just a while, we're all soaked and wet. We’re splashing and laughing and I’m screaming as he pulls me towards him. 

Louis lifts me up and I get lost in his blue eyes. Once again we kiss; it feels more loving and sweet. In just a matter of time I’m out of breath.

We get out the water and walk down to the beach and lay there to dry.

I rest my head on Louis chest and stare up to the sky while he puts his arms around me. This feels nice and right.

As though, I’m right where I belong…