Chapter 2

Your POV

I woke up to the sun shining in my eyes and woke up I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth, took a quick shower and got dressed. I put away some other things that I had out. The only thing that I had out was my family album. I started flipping through the pictures starting from when mom and dad met. They looked so happy even when they were young. I went to the cafeteria to get some bacon and eggs. I usually eat once or twice a day and that's it I'll have some snacks or something in between but besides that I don't eat a lot. I said goodbye to the kids and staff before it was three. I went to the art room and got my sketchbook and I got another sketchbook for when I run out again. I looked at my paintings and wondered if I would have to leave them here. I sighed and went to the benches by the front door and started sketching the forest I grew up in. I had my guitar case and my 2 bags on the floor. I heard the door open and people walking in. I looked up and saw Billy, Jacob, and a girl with a baby walk in. The girl had 3 scars running down her cheek. Ms. Jenny came out and greeted them. I smiled and waved. The girl gave the baby to Jacob and came over to hug me.

"Hi I'm Emily." She said crushing me with her hug.

"Hi Emily." I said trying to breathe. She let go and started walking over to Ms. Jenny. Billy came over to be and told me to help him. We walked to the art room.

"Why are we in here?" I asked confused. He went over to my paintings and grabbed some.

"I'm taking these home. Help me out." He said taking a couple. The canvass were pretty big I carried most of them and put them in the trunk where my bags already were. I saw Emily in the car looking through my sketchbook and my family album in her lap.

"Emily can I get my book?" I asked pointing to her lap. She gave it to me. I started to flip through it again I was looking at the picture where Scott had first shifted. I was sitting next to Emily and Emily was next to her baby.

"How old is she?" I asked Emily while looking at the baby. The baby laughed hearing my voice. I smiled and looked at her.

"She is about to be a year. Me and my husband Sam found out a few weeks after we got married. He was so happy that he started to cry. We named her Jessica but I call her Jessie."  Emily said handing me Jessica. When I touched her I saw something. I saw a 4 year old, then an 8 year old, 15 year old, then 18 then it went away. I smiled and looked into Jessica's hazel eyes.

"I think she is gonna look like you when she's older." I told Emily. Emily smiled and Jessica started to fall asleep. I gave her to her mom and started to draw how the infant looked when she will be older. I got out my sketchbook and started drawing her at 4, then 8, then 15, and then 18. When I finished drawing I noticed Billy and Emily fell asleep. Jessica was already asleep. I put away my sketchbook and looked out the window. I saw that we weren't in Seattle anymore.

"We should be there in about an hour." I heard Jake tell me. I looked at him he was driving.

"Why did you guys decide to adopt?" I asked Jake. Jake shrugged.

"I don't know my dad is very kind hearted when he has something made up he doesn't go back. I think you should fit in fine at school and with the family." Jake said with a reassuring smile.

"It's not that I don't fit in I just push people away because I know they are going to leave. The only friend I've made in about to be 11 years got adopted and I was alone again. The bullying at school didn't help." I said remembering my only friend. Jake gave me a sad expression and stopped at the red light before looking at me.

"You are my little sister now nothing is gonna happen to you." Jake said before turning back to the road. It was nice to know that he already thinks of me as family but I was still worried about school.