Chapter 4

A week later:

Billy came back from his fishing trip and wondered what happened to me. I'm assuming Jacob told him what happened because Billy came to check on me. I stayed in bed I only got up to go to the bathroom. I haven't eaten in a week. Billy had to use the spare key to open my room to give me food. The same results he would come back food still on the plate. I haven't spoken to anyone in a week. I got up to go to the bathroom and take care of my hygiene but besides that I never got out of bed. Jacob took any rope, belts, headbands, and my pocket knife so I wouldn't end up hurting myself. I got constant visits from the pack, the Cullens, Emily and Jessica, and of course Billy. They would try to get me to eat or come out but I stayed in bed motionless. Billy said I start school tomorrow I'm starting school in the middle of the year. Yay note the sarcasm in my voice. I had everything I needed for my classes. I just waited. Today was Sunday and today Jessica and Emily were with me. She sat down in a chair beside my bed.

"Why don't you give up?" I asked just above a whisper in a hoarse voice from not talking in so long. She looked at me and put Jess on my lap. She looked at me and sighed.

"I'm not worth it." I said in my hoarse voice. She smiles at me and gives me a hug.

"That's the thing you are. Come down stairs I'll let you help me make food again." She said with a smile on her face. I smiled faintly and sat up. I grabbed Jess and stood up. I looked at myself in the mirror and I looked thinner than usual. I was wearing my black baggy pajama shirt with my black loose pajama pants. In case you haven't noticed I war a lot of black. We walked down stairs and saw the pack in the living room watching tv. They looked surprised but received to see me. I glared at them and walked into the kitchen with Emily. I don't wanna talk to them. I put Jess in her high chair and I felt arms around me. I looked over my shoulder to see everyone hugging me.

"Let go!" I said in a stern hoarse voice. They looked shocked but let go.

"We are so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so sorry Paige. Please forgive us and let us make it right." Jake said. They all gave me puppy eyes and I crossed my arms. I walked over to the counter and grabbed a knife.

"Give me one reason why." I said playing with the knife in my hands. They didn't show any fear I saw pure sadness and apologetic looks around the room. They said nothing.

"We have no reason why you should forgive us." Seth said looking at me. I can't help but wonder if I'm his imprint.

"I will forgive you if you guys never go through my stuff again and I want my belts back and my pocket knife. I am having a hard time keeping some of my pants up." I said pulling up my pants. They started laughing.

"I just have one question." Jared said. We all looked at him.

"Why did you start crying it was only a few things?" He said looking at me. I held me necklace on my hand and took it off. I tossed it to them. They opened it and looked inside.

"That stuff was my family's. My dad's watch, Scott's lucky ball, Alice's favorite bracelet, my family album, and my mom's necklace. I can't loose those they are the last thing I have of my family. And the only things I was able to take from my house." I said reaching for my necklace forgetting I gave it to them. They gave it back and I immediately put it back on. I sighed in relief.

"I have been on my own for so long I've learned how to be independent and not rely on people. Every August 5th I stay in my room and flip through my family album. I remember the memories of when the pictures were taken. I don't know what it's like to have a family anymore I lost my pack. I lost everything on that God forsaken day." I said realizing I was crying clutching the knife in my hand. I put the knife down and wiped my eyes. I turned to the counter and saw some potatoes I quickly peeled them and cut them within a matter of seconds. I took a deep breath before facing them.