Chapter 5

We were driving to school and soon a building was in sight. I put on my black hoodie and put the hood over my head. I could feel the others stare at me. I parted my hair in half and my side swept bangs fell in place. When Jake stopped I quickly got out and disappeared into the crowd of people. I wanted it to be like every school year. I want to be invisible so nobody will notice me. I went to the office and the woman behind the desk gave me a map of the school and circled my classes for me. I came here earlier in the week to get my books and my locker. I looked at my schedule and saw I had AP English room 719 with Mr. Harrison. I went to my locker and got my notebook and my pencil bag. I put my backpack in my locker and went off to class. It wasn't so far from my locker. The whole time I had my hood on my head and kept my head down. I went to class and saw there was a window seat all the way in the back that nobody sat in. I walked over and sat down. My classmates started talking I just reviewed notes from my other school. A man came in I'm guessing Mr. Harrison and went to the desk. The class quieted down and looked up front. I took off my hood and looked up front.

"Class we have a new student with us. Is there a Paige Jones here?" Mr. Harrison asked. They can't even see me. I raised my hand. He looked over to me and signaled for me to go to the front of class. I walked over to the front and saw the look the boys gave me and the glares the girls gave me.

"Paige can you tell us something about yourself please." Mr. Harrison asked. I sighed.

"Hi I'm Paige. I am 15 and that's about it." I said looking at class. I saw a hand shoot up and Mr. Harrison gave a nod and the student began to speak.

"Not true Paige. Rumor has it you are adopted and you are the sister of Jacob Black, which is one of the hottest guys in school." The bubbly girl said.

"Maddison do you always have to spread gossip in my class?" Mr. Harrison asked. I walked back to my seat and looked out the window. Mr. Harrison passed out a pop quiz that was super easy it took up the whole period but I finished first. I turned it in and went back and started to draw in my notebook. The bell rang and I looked at my schedule I have AP Calculus room 703 with Ms. Anne. I walked over to my locker and opened it I pulled out a different notebook and a binder. Someone shut my locker and I saw the boys.

"Can I help you?" I asked. They looked at each other then back at me.

"Care to explain why you left so fast?" Jacob asked. I opened my locker grabbed my stuff and looked at them.

"Trust me it's better this way." I said before looking around. I saw a group of girls glaring at me then the boys looked at them and they were smiling and waving. I walked away and went to class. I saw a seat in the back and I took it. Soon I saw Paul walk in and he took a seat next to me. How did this hot head manage to get in AP Calculus? I opened my notebook and started drawing. Paul put his feet on the table and acted like he owned the place. I moved his feet off the table and glared at him. All he did was smirk. I continued my drawing. Ms. Anne came in and gave me a little introduction before continuing with the lesson. I jotted down notes and then she gave us a mini quiz so she could see what we needed to review. Ms. Anne is so sweet. I finished my quiz and turned it in to the front. I walked back to my seat and saw her look over my test.

"Paige how old are you?" She asked. The class looked at me.

"I'm 15 Ms. Anne." I said looking down. She looked amazed.

"You are very smart for a young girl. You got every question right." She said. I heard people groan and annoyed sighs.

"Would you like the work for tomorrow to do while you wait for the class?" She asked looking up from her paper work. I nodded and walked to the front where she gave me a packet of class work and homework for tomorrow. I walked back to my seat and got death glares from most of the students. When I got to my seat I got started working on the packet. I was doing the third page when I felt Paul nudge me. I looked over and he passed me a note. It said 'how are you so smart???' I wrote down under it 'I'm just that awesome sorry if your not :(' and passed it back. I eventually finished the packet and the bell rang. The students cleared out and I walked over to Ms. Anne's desk.