Playing a Little James Bond...

After getting the jumpsuit on, along with the rubber shoes and the gloves, I was ready to investigate the vent area. I had to go in because I was smaller than everyone else. I was 5 ft 2 in, which means Sherlock Holmes and almost the whole world were almost like giants.

However, it can come in handy, like in situations where you have to crawl through a small space to figure out a mystery. I loved it when cases involved that. It made me feel like a spy.

Ok, no more childish thoughts. 

I have to focus.

I climbed on the ladder, holding a luminol light. When I reached the vent, I went to unscrew the bolts, but found that they were already loose, and the vent opened up.

I handed the vent cover to Lestrade. "Find traces of possible fingerprints," I said, "The killer obviously opened it in some way and might've left something behind."

Lestrade nodded and took the cover to other investigators, instructing them to find traces of finger prints.

I finally got my head and my upper part of my body into the vent and pointed my luminol light around the area. Soon, my eyes caught footprints that were usually invisible to the human eye. I also saw some hand prints as well.

The footprints matched the size I found in Jason's dorm room in the closet the night he was murdered and the ones Sherlock found around the vent. The hand prints shows that the killer used his left hand to help himself crawl around the area. How do I know? The thumb is on the right side. 

So that means the killer is right handed because his weapons were all in his right hand. Plus, in the gunshot wound in the back of Jason's head, I noticed it was close to being in the middle, but it was closer to the right side of the head instead of the left.

I climbed back down out of the vent.

"Find anything?" Sherlock asked.

"Yes. Hand prints and footprints," I explained, "The footprints matched the same shoe size you found earlier and it matched the ones I found in Jason's dorm closet. There were tracks of dirt as well. The killer is obviously right handed because he used his left hand to help him crawl around the vents and we tend to use whatever hand we use to write with to carry objects."

"But he could've swapped the weapon into the other hand," Lestrade pointed out.

"True," Sherlock said, beating me, "But Ms. Christine here is right; the killer is right handed. The gunshot wound in the back of Jason's head may be in the middle, but it wasn't exactly in the middle. It was more towards the right part of his head than the left part, and when we are right handed, we usually aim for things on our right first."

"In other words, this makes the case more difficult since there are more people that are right handed than left handed," I said.

I looked at Sherlock. "May I borrow your phone?" I asked.

"What's wrong with yours?" Sherlock asked. 

"Mr. Holmes, I expect you to cooperate with me since we are working together," I said, "If you insist an explanation, though; You have Lestrade's number. I don't.  I saw in the cab ride on our way to 221b your contact list as you scrolled through your phone because you left it locked with your contact list opened after you texted John Watson earlier this afternoon about the case, and what do I see? Lestrade's contact. Now, Mr. Holmes, your phone, please."

I reached out my hand towards Sherlock, showing him that I was not going to take no for an answer.

He just rolled his eyes in annoyance. He clearly did not like to be bossed around.