The New Girl of 221b

I sat near the ambulance while John looked at my rope burns. Paramedics wanted to look at my wounds, but I insisted that John do it instead.

He's the only doctor I truly trusted right now.

I saw Sherlock accross the field, talking to Mycroft. He still had the tape recorder in his hands. Soon, he hit the play button, and Mycroft listened in closely. He then had a shocked looked on his face, which showed that the tape ended.

I knew he wasn't going to take it well.

"Rope burns are pretty bad," John said, interrupting my attention to Mycroft and Sherlock, "However, it's nothing we can't fix. I'm going to get a first aid kit."

I nodded as he went into the ambulance, asking a paramedic for one of their first aid kit. He at first refused John, yelling at him on how it was the paramedic's job to take care of someone at a crime scene, not an ametuer. John aruged back, saying that he was an army doctor. The paramedic was getting impatient, saying that he didn't give a shit on what John says and that he had no right to touch the patient.

"I wanted him to do it ok!?" I shouted, "And if it's your bloody paycheck your worried about, you get it when you come to the scene! Now shut up and give John Watson a bloody first aid kit, or you gentlemen will be in the headlines for a couple of days as the men who did not help Sherlock Holmes."

That would shut the paramedic up. No one would dare to go up against Sherlock Holmes. I mean, he's a celebrity and the most looked up to. If you turn against him, everyone in the whole United Kingdom would turn against you.

The paramedic groaned in defeat, mumbling something about "not getting paid enough for this shit."

He still gave John the first aid kit, and he began to tend my wounds.

"Use this cream for a couple of days and replace the gauzes every once in a while," he instructed, "It might take a couple days, but if you keep treating it, it'll heal faster."

I nodded. "Thanks, John," I said, "And um...sorry if I got you in trouble with the paramedic there."

"Hey, don't worry about it," he said, smiling, "I'm used to being yelled at like that."

"They shouldn't, though," I said, "You are a doctor, and a good one I may add."

"Thanks, Christine," he said with a smirk.

I smirked back and looked back over to Sherlock and Mycroft, who were still discussing about what they heard on the tape recorder.

"Thank GOD they are at least playing nice," I said, chuckling.

"I'll break them up if it turns into a cat fight," John said.

"No, if it turns into some girly fight, that'll be my job," I said, "Because believe me; you men do not want to get into those kind of fights. It gets ugly."

John started to chuckle along with me. 

He then stopped laughing and smirked at me. "He was worried, though," he said, "So don't think he doesn't like you, because he does."

I did a double take.

Sherlock Holmes...worried?

"What do you..." I said before John cut me off.

"When we were in the cab ride over here, he was still using that tracking app on your mobile phone. Soon, he noticed that you, according to him, 'changed course.' He then knew that the two men got you after recieving an update on his phone about an evacuation for a strange smell at that campus. Sherlock panicked a little, and tried to find a faster route to the campus, but he couldn't find one. He then pressured the cab driver to go faster. When he felt it wasn't enough, Sherlock jumped out of the cab and pratically ran to the campus. While running, he texted me and told me to keep an eye out on the tracking app, and I agreed to do so."