Breaking Boundaries

The entire car ride was silent.

Mycroft's assistant was sitting right next to me, but she was too busy texting Mycroft and some other agents about...ok what do I care?

I looked out the window of the car, watching London pass by.

I'm surprised Sherlock has not texted me, asking me where I was. He probably doesn't really care. He never does. 

However, he also might know that I can take care of myself, and doesn't want to baby me.

I like the second option better.

I know Sherlock's reputation, but after he showed how much he cared about me earlier, it showed that he at least had feelings.

I was starting to consider him as a friend rather than a partner that I work with.

When I got out of my train of thought, the car was in a part of London that I didn't really recognize. It was mostly an industrial area. There wasn't a lot of people, nor were there a lot of security.

I can see why Mycroft wanted to meet with me here.

Soon, the car came into an abandoned parking building and came to a complete stop.

A couple feet from the car, I saw a figure, leaning on an umbrella.

I exited the car and walked over to Mycroft.

"Hello there, lovely," he said with a grin.

I soon got up to him and met with him face to face.

"Look, if you told me to come just so you can hit on me or ask me out, I have two words for you; piss off," I said.

Mycroft chuckled. "I, of course, find you quite attractive, and would love to take you out to dinner one day, but that's not why I called you here."

I shook my head. I knew Mycroft had no interest in me. His smirking and the way he laughed shows that he's just playing with my heart and messing around.

"I know," I said, "You called me here to give me information on the case. You have a file in your right hand with the name 'Jason' on it, and the only Jason I know is the man who got murdered. Other information I know about you? You just got back from dinner. You went to a Japanese restaurant and ordered sushi. How I know? You have wasabi sauce on your upper left lip and you have a piece of rice stuck near your mouth."

Mycroft chuckled. "Where?"

I indicated to him the area where the rice was and he wiped it off.

"Thanks for that," he said, "But please: now is not the time to show off, Ms. Maryland. That's my brother's job, who to my surprise, you seem to have gotten really close to."

"We are not here to discuss Sherlock Holmes, Mycroft," I said, "Now please stop acting like a child and tell me what you have."

"I just want you to know that my brother has no interest on having a romantic attachment, so a relationship with him should be out of the question," he said.

"Who said anything about a romance starting up between Sherlock Holmes and me?" I snapped, "And even if there was, it's none of your business."

Ok, that came out way too harsh, I know. I just don't like it when people get in my business.

I shrugged. "He's a friend," I said, "That's all. I have no romantic interest in him."

Mycroft nodded and began to swing his umbrella. "I would like to be considered as one of Sherlock's friends, but that probably won't happen."