Chapter Nine

"Now aren't you glad you did the fashion show?" Mae checked her makeup in Ariella's recently installed three-paneled locker mirror, angling her three faces in every direction.

Ariella smiled at her reflection more than happy with how the night ended. "Yeah. I am. You have no idea how good it feels to not have to hide from my parents anymore. I can just be me. Putting myself out there was scary, but even if no one liked my designs, I do, and that's all that matters."

She had learned a lot from Caleb. Sure she wanted everyone in the world to go crazy about her designs, but not everyone would love them and she was okay with that. The important thing was to stay true to herself. No matter what the naysayers said.

As she closed her locker, a girl skittered to a stop in front of her practically jumping at her. "I loved your show. My birthday is coming up. Do you think you can design something for me?"

If Ariella's eyes weren't firmly set in her head, they would have popped out of her skull. She quickly recovered. "I'd love to."

Her eyes darted to another girl who joined them. "You have to style me for my date this Saturday. Your accessories rocked last night."

Ariella watched in amazement as more and more fans gathered around her and Mae sharing their favorite looks from the fashion show and asking for their very own versions.

"I couldn't stop looking at that vest. Could I have it in pink?"

"When I saw that top, I felt like it was so me."

"Please tell me you have Calebra's shoes in a smaller size."

"You're going to need this." Mae handed Ariella her tablet.

Ariella speed typed all the requests flinging at her from her brand new customers. This was unbelievable. Yesterday, not one person at school even noticed her designs and now she was surrounded by girls who had to have them. Her dreams weren't over after all. They were just beginning.

"Wait." Mae ducked a girl's flailing arms as she reenacted her reaction to Ariella's finale outfit. "You don't have a name for your line, yet."

"Already got that covered." Ariella swirled her finger across the tablet screen and wrote "Fabriella Starr."

Despite her previous fears, she had a feeling her fashion career was about to shine brighter than ever. A brand new fashion line? Check. Inspired fans who loved her work? The best family and friends in the entire universe? Check and star. High school was going to be stellar.  

***

Thanks so much for reading!

This is only the beginning of Ariella's fashion adventures, so please stay tuned. If you want to read ahead, you can purchase three other Fabriella Starr Bookisodes  along with more of my work here:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=la_B00KP0220Q_B00KP0220Q_sr?rh=i%3Abooks&field-author=Charly+Manlove&sort=relevance&ie=UTF8&qid=1478718544.

Thanks again and don't forget to tell me what you think! I really appreciate feedback.

-Love, Charly