Chapter 12

~Tamai's POV~
Just after Himiko jumped off, the host club got up to the top of the cliff, looking shocked to see the guys already beaten up and tied together by some seaweed with both Tamai and Miya looking over the edge of the cliff, being careful not to fall off.

"Where's Haruhi?" Tamaki asked.

"He fell over the edge." Tamai said, "Himiko went in after him."

Tamaki looked at Tamai, "She can't possibly carry Haruhi to the surface." He muttered. "You five take care of these men. I'm going in after those two."

Tamai nodded and watched as Tamaki jumped over the edge of the cliff, into the water below.

"You two should get to the shore." Kyoya stated. "We'll finish things up here."

Tamai and Miya nodded, making their way down the cliff and standing at the edge of the ocean, the water washing over their feet.

"Will they be okay?" Miya asked. "Tamaki will save them, right?"

"He might be able to save only one of them." Tamai responded, "Though hopefully they'll both be okay."

Soon, the hosts were waiting alongside the two, and they watched as someone broke the surface of the water, it was Tamaki, holding Haruhi in his arms. He walked up to the shore. There was no sign of Himiko.

"Where's Himiko!?" Miya asked, panic in her eyes. "She should be behind you!"

Tamaki looked at them, his eyes wide. "I- couldn't carry her." He said, "I should go back in!"

"We need to take care of Haruhi." Kyoya said.

"What do you mean?" Miya asked. "Himi could die!"

Tamai looked back at the surface, it was calm, there was no sign of Himiko. "She could drown." She said, a bit weaker, looking at the hosts.

"She can swim up herself." Kyoya said. "We can't risk any of the other hosts getting injured."

"Wow. You really are a jerk. I heard you only cared about money, but I never knew you would go so far as to let someone die to keep profits." Miya growled, glaring at Kyoya.

"What type of guy are you?" Tamai asked.

Suddenly someone ran past the group, diving into the ocean swiftly. He was gone for a a minute or two, then the surface broke, and he came out, holding Himiko in his arms. She wasn't moving and her eyes were closed.

He rushed to the shore and laid her down, as he did so, Tamai got a good look at him, he had dark hair, and icy blue eyes. She watched as he started to perform CPR, but the random boy was not what shocked her. It was the scars lining her friends torso. she could easily tell that it shocked the others too. But when the boy turned certain angles, she could see the same scar over where his heart would be.

~Himiko's POV~
It was dark, so dark. She was floating in the void, no feeling in her body. Though in front of her there was a small speck of light, she heard voices, the sound of the ocean from it. She slowly raised her hand, and poked it with her finger, it imploded on itself, then it appeared again, quickly getting brighter and brighter, until she was surrounded by the light.

She felt something start to come up her throat, and out her mouth, coughing and turning to her side, water started rushing out of her mouth. She opened her eyes as she laid on her back, seeing blurry faces above her. She could see a face, it was the only one in focus. It was Rin.

"Rin?" She asked weakly, coughing.

"Don't talk." Rin muttered.

Himiko looked at him, then she closed her eyes, exausted, this felt familiar, like something like this has happened before, but she couldn't remember anything like this. For a moment, she was laying in a room with gray walls, Rin looking down at her with a smile, repeating those same words. But it was gone as soon as it came.

"Will she be okay?" Someone asked, Tamai.

"She'll be fine." Rin responded. "She just needs rest."

Then the voices faded away.

~Tamai's POV~
Tamai sighed, realizing that she was holding her breath the whole time. "Thank god." She muttered. Then she looked at the boy, "If you don't mind, who are you?" She asked.

"An old friend, that she doesn't remember just yet." The boy responded, "Make sure to get her warm and let her rest." He said as he started to walk away, "And please make sure she doesn't do anything else reckless, okay?"

"Okay?" Tamai said, a bit unsure. "That's kind of cryptic..."

"We need to get these two to the cottage." Kyoya said, adjusting his glasses. "I'll call a doctor."

Tamai looked over at Haruhi as she stirred in Tamaki's arms.

"I'm fine you guys, I don't need a doctor." Haruhi said.

Tamai tuned out the rest of their conversation, she could tell Tamaki was mad, and she wasn't suprised, Tamai would be mad to if she were in his shoes.

"What made you think you could beat those men alone!" Tamaki shouted. "You're a girl!"

"Uh, boss." One of the twins, Tamai assumed it was Hikaru, said. "We have some company." He pointed towards the two girls.

"Wait." Miya said, pointing towards an angry Haruhi.

"You're a girl?" Tamai asked.

"I messed up!" Tamaki exclaimed, going into an emo corner, or, emo spot a ways away from the group. There aren't really any corners on a beach.

"Yeah. You sure did, boss." The twins said together.

"I hope you know that the information you've learned today is very secretive." Kyoya said, standing in front of the two. "If you tell anyone else about what you've heard," he looked down, "Then you will regret it." He smirked, causing the two to look up at him in horror. "Are we clear?"

"Y-Yes Kyoya!" The two exclaimed.

"Now, let's get back to the cottage." Kyoya said, "Mori, if you could."

"Sure." Mori said, he picked up Himiko.

"If you would follow us, you can stay in my family's cottage if you're worried about your friend." Kyoya said, smiling, giving Tami some chills. Something about the black haired host was unnerving.

"Thanks." Tamai said, and they followed the hosts, watching Himiko with worried eyes.

~Himiko's POV~
Himiko woke up a couple hours later, looking up at the celing. She looked around, feeling warm. Sitting up, she noticed she was in a bed, and she was in a different pair of clothing. More rather, an extremely oversized T-shit, that reached to just above her knees.

Her hair was heavy, and she touched it, feeling that it was wet and stringy, smelling of seawater. She remembered what happened. She almost drowned trying to save Haruhi, and she barely even knew him.

Taking a moment to think, she sighed, rubbing her throat. On the bedside table, she noticed a book, and picked it up, it seemed to be the middle of the night, and she wasn't really tired, so, she may as well read. Turning on the bedside light, she opened the book and started reading.

The book started with a letter, and the protagonist explaining how the first letter of each line made a sentence, or maybe the last word of each chapter leading up to a certain point. She loved it when people did something like this. She assumed it must take a lot of planning ahead, and effort to make the thing look natural, as not to raise suspicion from readers, until the perfect moment. She smiled slightly and continued reading, until she felt her eyes start to droop. Placing the book on the bedside table, she turned off the light and laid back down, closing her eyes and falling asleep.

-----------------
Hmmmmm I wonder what the last paragraph is hiding.... Hmmmmmmmmmm
Maybe a hint to a major plot point of the book??????? HMMMMM I WONDER.

ITS TOTALLY NOT LIKE I MADE IT NOTICEABLE, WHAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTQ

*wink wink* *nudge nudge* *punch punch* *kick kick* *STAB STAB* oh shit. They dead. Whoops.

-Sin

Please notice my efforts, I worked so hard to do this for you guys. *says weakly from my dark corner where I write everything*